After 3 turns, UK has India, Burma, Shan, and BC, making 6
    China maybe has 6 as well
    Japan is making 60

• @calvinhobbesliker:

12 and 16 is a lot?
    Japan is making 60

I know, but it’s a big chunch of land, that seems to inavoidble.

• @Dylan:

@calvinhobbesliker:

12 and 16 is a lot?
    Japan is making 60

What???

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@Dylan:

@calvinhobbesliker:

12 and 16 is a lot?
    Japan is making 60

What???

To ignore Asia seems weird

• @Dylan:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@Dylan:

@calvinhobbesliker:

12 and 16 is a lot?
    Japan is making 60

What???

How are you ignoring it? China will die easily, and India will be left with just India and maybe Burma and BC, and Japan with convoy raid with 2 subs, reducing UK’s income to 1 or 2

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@Dylan:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@Dylan:

@calvinhobbesliker:

12 and 16 is a lot?
    Japan is making 60

What???

How are you ignoring it? China will die easily, and India will be left with just India and maybe Burma and BC, and Japan with convoy raid with 2 subs, reducing UK’s income to 1 or 2

China is hard, and if your in war with the UK is hard. Everyone expcts too much from 1 country.

• @Dylan:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@Dylan:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@Dylan:

@calvinhobbesliker:

12 and 16 is a lot?
    Japan is making 60

What???

China is hard, and if your in war with the UK is hard. Everyone expcts too much from 1 country.

12 infantry and 1 fighter is hard? 4 of those infantry dies on J1. Japan has 6 infantry and 2 artillery in Kiangsi and Kwangsi alone. Add to that the Multitude of Jap planes, the 4 inf, art, and mech in Mancuria, and the 2 inf, art in Jehol, and the 2 ing in Shantung and Kiangsu, China can be killed without building anything on or bringing anything to the mainland

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@Dylan:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@Dylan:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@Dylan:

@calvinhobbesliker:

12 and 16 is a lot?
    Japan is making 60

What???

12 infantry and 1 fighter is hard? 4 of those infantry dies on J1. Japan has 6 infantry and 2 artillery in Kiangsi and Kwangsi alone. Add to that the Multitude of Jap planes, the 4 inf, art, and mech in Mancuria, and the 2 inf, art in Jehol, and the 2 ing in Shantung and Kiangsu, China can be killed without building anything on or bringing anything to the mainland

When i vs. you I lost those troops,

• @Dylan:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@Dylan:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@Dylan:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@Dylan:

@calvinhobbesliker:

12 and 16 is a lot?
    Japan is making 60

What???

Yes, you did. But that doesn’t prove that Japan has a hard time in Asia; it shows you don’t know how to use them

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@Dylan:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@Dylan:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@Dylan:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@Dylan:

@calvinhobbesliker:

12 and 16 is a lot?
    Japan is making 60

What???

Yes, you did. But that doesn’t prove that Japan has a hard time in Asia; it shows you don’t know how to use them

List what I was doing wrong.

• 1. You didn’t attack on J1
    2. When you did attack, you didn’t invade the Philippines, even though i had 1 infantry defending it
    3. You didn’t try for the DEI

• @calvinhobbesliker:

1. You didn’t attack on J1
    2. When you did attack, you didn’t invade the Philippines, even though i had 1 infantry defending it

1. I didn’t want China and India ganging up on me
    2. I didn’t know where all my transports were.
    3. DEI?

• @Dylan:

@calvinhobbesliker:

3. DEI?

1.  :? :? :? China is already at war with Japan and India can declare war on Japan whenever it likes
    2.  :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? Why not?
    3. Dutch East Indies

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@Dylan:

@calvinhobbesliker:

3. DEI?

1.  :? :? :? China is already at war with Japan and India can declare war on Japan whenever it likes
    3. Dutch East Indies

1. Well most Indian players wouldn’t want to go to war with Japan early
    2. Because all I was using was some setup cards, and my brain, I don’t think I could even reach.
    3. I would be too close to ANZAC who could at the time take be down of what ever could reach.

• @Dylan:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@Dylan:

@calvinhobbesliker:

3. DEI?

3. Dutch East Indies

2. Because all I was using was some setup cards, and my brain, I don’t think I could even reach.
    3. I would be too close to ANZAC who could at the time take be down of what ever could reach.

1. If they don’t, then they don’t gang up on Japan
    2. Do you have an actual game set?
    3. ANZAC, with 10 ipcs?

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@Dylan:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@Dylan:

@calvinhobbesliker:

3. DEI?

3. Dutch East Indies

1. If they don’t, then they don’t gang up on Japan
    2. Do you have an actual game set?
    3. ANZAC, with 10 ipcs?

1. But they will
    2. Yes, but I had a game going (with friends)
    3. Yes you were saving and building fighters.

• To interrupt this little discussion going on, I think the playtesters saw that there were a number of ways to slow Japan in their attempt to take India.  Too much delay, and the allies will be able to hurt Japan elsewhere.  The key moves are to put ANZAC’s starting destroyer and sub in SZ55, base all ANZAC fighters on Queensland, and to play aggressively with Britain (move everything that starts in India to Burma and build 2 infantry, 1 mech, and 1 armor).

What this allows you to do is it lets Britain retake Shan State both that and Malaya fall J2.  Then ANZAC can hit SZ37 with up to 1 ss, 1 dd, 4 figs.  If you keep the destroyer alive, it will block any units at the Kwangsi naval base.  The first game I used that, Japan still won so I don’t know if it’s enough, but it delayed India’s death and knocked out a lot of the Japanese navy.

• Isn’t Z55 2 spaces from the Philippines sea zone? Also, why waste that transport there if you want to take Dutch New Guinea?

• I usually just send the transport up to New Guinea alone.  SZ55 is 2 spaces from Philippines sea zone, but both times I’ve used this strategy, Japan has had other targets to send their planes at.

• @Butcher:

I usually just send the transport up to New Guinea alone.  SZ55 is 2 spaces from Philippines sea zone, but both times I’ve used this strategy, Japan has had other targets to send their planes at.

If you put both at Z54, they can reach everywhere Z55 can reach and they’re more protected

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m