• Personally, I add up number of hits per round, then compare numbers, then decide whether or not to attack/retreat.

• Well my favorite type of battles are the small ones. In this one game, the German sent out a fighter to attack a lone UK transport (must’ve been first turn). The only problem was that both sides couldn’t score any hits! For over 10 turns (I’m serious), there was this ever-present seesaw battle between the Transport and Fighter. Eventually after all the “evasive maneuvers,” the transport managed to hit the plane and retreat back to British home waters. From now on we place an AA gun in the sea zone where the battle took place to commemorate the “Lone Transport” that just wouldn’t sink.

• I once had a transport kill a 2 hit battleship. And it was my Battleship!

• I hear that! I think my group has some kind of super transports, we’ve lost 2 or 3 fighters this game to lone transports.

• When I play, I rarely see “super transports” that can go head to head with a BB or ftr and survive. But let me tell you, those AA guns are a pain in the flank! If I had a quarter for every ftr/bomber I lost to AA fire, I’d have enough to buy a small country. Well maybe not that much… :smile:

• HAVE YOU EVER FOUND THOUGHT CERTAIN PIECES FIGHT BETTER FOR CERTAIN NATIONS, FOLLOWING HISTORY? RUSSIAN INFANTRY CAN CHEW UP GERMAN ONSLAUGHTS BETTER THAN THEY SHOULD , GERMAN AA GUNS ARE HYPER ACCURATE AND BRITISH AIR IS AN ASS KICKER AND A NAME TAKER ETC. ? MAYBE I’M PROJECTING, WHO KNOWS.

• Johnny all caps.

• Quit the opposite for me. When I send a German bomber to attack the British isles (rarely since USSR is a better target), the survival rate is barely 3 turns! But when UK sends waves upon waves of bombers,I’ll be hard pressed to be able to shoot down just one. Russian infantry are great though, always good buys. However, what I seen when playing computer A&A, is to NEVER stack in the Caucasus, you’ll end up losing.

• Stop using all Caps plz Dark.

• Yeah, it’s not exactly easy on the eyes. :cool:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m