• I’d like to see a torpedo bombers something that would give first strike to tac bombers vs ships or
    even let them pick here target in sea combat

• @finnman:

I’d like to see a torpedo bombers something that would give first strike to tac bombers vs ships or

i dont think tropedo bomber would get first strike but maybe targeted attack. becase they had to dive down on ships and aim at they.

• Targeted attacks would be a nice rule, perhaps you would select your target and then attack at 1 less than your normal attack value.

• @i:

@finnman:

I’d like to see a torpedo bombers something that would give first strike to tac bombers vs ships or

i dont think tropedo bomber would get first strike but maybe targeted attack. becase they had to dive down on ships and aim at they.

good point

• @finnman:

@i:

@finnman:

good point

Okay, you think it is a good point, but what ideas do you have for a targeted attack rule.

• @Brain:

@finnman:

@i:

@finnman:

good point

Okay, you think it is a good point, but what ideas do you have for a targeted attack rule.

Just let tac bombers pick there target in see combat
    so they don’t need to start taking casualties on subs or destroyers and skip to the battle ships and cruisers
    if this to over powered then you could make only on first round of combat or only when attacking

• I think a targeted attack would be more difficult than hitting targets that present themselves which is why I believe a targeted attack should be allowed at a lesser attack value, and maybe we could blend your idea and say it could only be used on the first round.

• Advanced Bomb Sights - Your bombers and tactical bombers may select their target in combat on the roll of a “1” when they attack. Other sucessful hits are assigned by the defender as normal.

• @oztea:

Advanced Bomb Sights - Your bombers and tactical bombers may select their target in combat on the roll of a “1” when they attack. Other sucessful hits are assigned by the defender as normal.

This rule kind of gives you the best of both worlds. You’re not really taking a risk but you are rewarded if you are lucky enough to roll a 1. I am usually opposed to such rules. I believe there has to be some kind of a risk to be rewarded so highly.

• well its a tech……your risk is you dont get it. your reward is it is usefull
    none of the other techs involve a different kind of risk/reward, so i dont think i get your point.
    Advanced bomb sights could replace heavy bombers and Id think everyone could be happy.

Ammend it to:

Advanced Bomb Sights - Your bombers and tactical bombers may select their target in combat on the roll of a “1” when they attack. Other sucessful hits are assigned by the defender as normal. Bombers may reroll their die during strategic bombing, but must accept the 2nd result.

• I guess I just wasn’t thinking along the lines of tech. Sorry about that. I was thinking along the lines of just a standard rule.

• @Brain:

I guess I just wasn’t thinking along the lines of tech. Sorry about that. I was thinking along the lines of just a standard rule.

That would be kind of cool, and worth looking into for future a and a games. The attacker sometimes did choose it’s targets, so maybe a rule that if you rolled a hit, you rolled the dice again and if you get a one then you get to choose your hit.

• @The:

@Brain:

I guess I just wasn’t thinking along the lines of tech. Sorry about that. I was thinking along the lines of just a standard rule.

That would be kind of cool, and worth looking into for future a and a games. The attacker sometimes did choose it’s targets, so maybe a rule that if you rolled a hit, you rolled the dice again and if you get a one then you get to choose your hit.

I am not sure if I like this idea because I believe you would have to decide whether you were going after a specific target before you attack and not after.

• @Brain:

@The:

@Brain:

I am not sure if I like this idea because I believe you would have to decide whether you were going after a specific target before you attack and not after.

Well yea. But you would have to roll a lot more dice that way, and it would be harder to keep track of, and only slightly more realistic. But it’s the same basic idea.

• actualy, the heavy bomber tech has morphed into something completeley different from what it was originaly.

Roll 2 dice and pick the better result….pfft…

An “Advanced bomb-sights” tech could simply replace heavy bombers as…
    Bombers and Tactical bombers roll two dice and pick the better result in combat and during strategic bombing.

• @oztea:

actualy, the heavy bomber tech has morphed into something completeley different from what it was originaly.

Thank goodness, that rule was done away with, as it was a game ender.

• @allboxcars:

@Brain:

Targeted attacks would be a nice rule, perhaps you would select your target and then attack at 1 less than your normal attack value.

IMTO, I don’t think the level of detail in A&A combat supports targeted attacks unless the Techs you’re envisioning are jet power + Harpoons / ALCMs.

Maybe I should have said focused attack.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m