• '19 Moderator

Has anyone else heard anything about these?

The rumor I got was that set 6 is about a month and a half out and it is suposed to be Desert Units like Afrika Korp etc.

I also heard that Set 7 is in design phase and will be winter war, Russians and Fins etc.

Any Input?

• That sounds very cool.  I hope that they include maps with them.  They really need to add additional maps to the game.  More so for the kids than for the major gamers.  I use the game to teach WW II.

• @dezrtfish:

Has anyone else heard anything about these?

The rumor I got was that set 6 is about a month and a half out and it is suposed to be Desert Units like Afrika Korp etc.

I also heard that Set 7 is in design phase and will be winter war, Russians and Fins etc.

Any Input?

I have heard no such thing (in fact I’ve heard very little that isn’t pure speculation), and if they were then remember they are very light themes; D-Day is an exception rather than the rule.

Remember there will be another Naval set between the two as well.

• '19 Moderator

Damn boats…

• Actually, I don’t want to be the downer here, but I was told they might be discontinuing it.  This theory was supported by the fact that I also picked up a Scrye, and the prices/values for the Set V pieces were pretty worthless.  But I’m also trying to be optimistic about it, so some new sets with desert and winter themed units sounds pretty cool.

And yes, axisfan, some new maps would really “tie the room together.”  Reference to a bad-a$$ movie.

• '19 Moderator

Well I personaly don’t care what kind of units they are, I just want that it’s almost Christmas feeling again.

Although some desert units would be like the Dudes rug…

• @AgentOrange:

Actually, I don’t want to be the downer here, but I was told they might be discontinuing it.  This theory was supported by the fact that I also picked up a Scrye, and the prices/values for the Set V pieces were pretty worthless.  But I’m also trying to be optimistic about it, so some new sets with desert and winter themed units sounds pretty cool.

And yes, axisfan, some new maps would really "tie the room together."  Reference to a bad-a$$ movie.

I think that’s mostly just rumour mongering at work.

If it were true they wouldn’t be bothering with the expert rules, new maps, etc. Set V could have low prices simply because there’s so much of it on the market just as easily as it could be because some people don’t like it. If that’s the case its more an anomaly than a rule, and I’m sure they have attempted to fix their errors in the next one.

• Actually, DL, you make a good point there.  I just tend to at least hear people out when it comes to “rumor-mill” type news.  I was just trying to see if anyone else had heard the same thing.

Oh, and good job on calling my Big Lebowski reference, dezrtfish.  :wink:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m