• I still don’t understand what a conservative communist is.

• Don’t ask me, I’m CCC (Confederate Conservative Communist), not CC (Conservative Communist). :wink:

“All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies.” - Bokonon

• What is a Confederate Conservative Communist?

• I’m sure you have some imagination g, figure it out and connect the dots.

• @TG:

Yeah, Baffalo burgers sure are tasty. :P Ostrich burgers too! (yet another example of a big, dumb bird)

never had those…what are they called,. Emu?

• You never had ostrich burgers? Don’t know what they called (I always called them ostrich burgers). What I can say is that it’s a rich mix of chicken and beef (which pretty much somes up a ostrich in real life). Also, it’s healthier than regular beef because of the lack of red meat and whatever.

• Not to change the topic here, but red meat is actually very healthy for you.

• I always had health gurus say red meat is bad for you.

• I work for a body building company( EAS) here, so it my job to now about nutrition and supplementation.
    However, I am not all knowing, there is a lot of theroy out there about the body building industry.

• Hmmm… might be like Red Wine. Very many conflicted studies on its effects.

Personally, I hope red meat is good for you. If I don’t have my daily fixin’ of meat, I freak! :wink:

• Ghoul, you work at experimental and applied science?

• @yourbuttocks:

Ghoul, you work at experimental and applied science?

Yes, I work for EAS( Experimental and Applied Sciences) in Canada.

• Wasn’t that company started by bill Philips? YOu make like protein shakes, right?

• @yourbuttocks:

Wasn’t that company started by bill Philips? YOu make like protein shakes, right?

Yes, your right, Bill Phillips started EAS.
    The Company makes protein shakes, creatine, fat burners and things like that.

• Unless you have a lot of money to blow, a vegetarian life style is probably overall less healthy than a meat eating one. So eat those tacos!

• You darn tootin’! :wink:

(Until then I’ll eat every ostrich, buffalo, cow, and manatee that I can get my gristly little hands on)

• @Mr:

@yourbuttocks:

Wasn’t that company started by bill Philips? YOu make like protein shakes, right?

ahhhh . . . no wonder “red meat is good for you”. It has a lot of protein, but N.American diets get too much: Fat, Protein, and Sugar (glucose/starches). I know people into the extra protein, however it must be consumed responsibly, otherwise you might as well just drink milkshakes etc. - that protein will turn into fat if proper use isn’t made of it quickly. From what i’ve read, i’d say maybe eat more extra-lean meat, if you have to eat any red meat. Otherwise the Canadian Food Guide is usually appropos.
    Moses - consensus on MODERATE red wine intake (unless you are an alcoholic or have another alcohol-related disease) is that it is good for you. Prevents heart disease and cancers with few residual effects (if taken moderately, of course).

• Yeah, problem is that a lot of people DON’T take it moderately.

• @cystic:

@Mr:

@yourbuttocks:

ahhhh . . . no wonder “red meat is good for you”. It has a lot of protein, but N.American diets get too much: Fat, Protein, and Sugar (glucose/starches). I know people into the extra protein, however it must be consumed responsibly, otherwise you might as well just drink milkshakes etc. - that protein will turn into fat if proper use isn’t made of it quickly. From what i’ve read, i’d say maybe eat more extra-lean meat, if you have to eat any red meat. Otherwise the Canadian Food Guide is usually appropos.
    Moses - consensus on MODERATE red wine intake (unless you are an alcoholic or have another alcohol-related disease) is that it is good for you. Prevents heart disease and cancers with few residual effects (if taken moderately, of course).

Protein doesn’t turn into fat.
    If you eat high glycemic foods and/or alot of calories it raises your insulin levels, which as we know is a storage hormone, and that, in a nutshell, promotes the storage of body fat.
    Fat doesnt necessarily make you fat, the added calories may.
    Here endith the lesson.

• All of those crazy diets…people know what is healthy and what is not. Though I must say, I have a friend who lost 50 poundxs using that “points” thing.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m