• I also think that taking manchuria is a mistake on your first turn. If you take out their infantry (or at least most of them) then you’ll be fairly safe untill you can get some more infantry east to help out the British and US. You could also do this against the germans but I wouldn’t take either eastern europe or ukraine with your tanks as they will more than likly be destroyed by the resulting counter-attack.

You also need to take into account the 2 infantry Japan has in Kwangtung. If you’re lucky you will take manchuria with 2 or 3 infantry and your tank. Japan will come at you with 2 infantry a tank (from the islands) and, more than likly, a portion of his airforce, not to mention the battleship’s support shot. All in all your chances of keeping Manchuria are slim.

[ This Message was edited by: bossk on 2001-12-15 14:01 ]

• dont need to keep it. just stalls him but there are flaws and i know that those units can be better used. I played the game today and the german player had very very bad rolls…. horrible rolls that A&A players have nightmares about. Karelia held and the allies were able to land in western germany on turn 2. so we won. thanks for tips guys

• 1 infantry 1 tank per turn? And you think you’ll be able to hold out against an unhampered germany, who btw still controls all of africa in 3 or 4 turns, and be able to commit 8 IPCs a turn east? I think you need to work on your strategies.

• STAY OUT OF MANCHURIA!! Russia might as well just sit tight and take little pot-shots at Germany to slow them down and wait for reinforcments.

• Good Russian first move: 1)Buy 8 infantry. 2)Send everything into Ukriane, 3)you will win that battle. 4)Land fighter in Kerelia, move all eastern forces into Yakut SSR. 5)Place all 8 infrantry in Kerelia.

• Bad move Anonymous. The germans will more than likely destroy all your forces in Ukraine including your tanks. You need those later in case you should need to go on the offensive. Believe me, you need to keep as many units in the game for as long as possible as Russia.

• I very much agree. russia is soooo much more dangerous if it can keep it’s initial tanks and have them availible for counter attack. The initial german force is so tank heavy that most of their moves in the begining make them vulnrable to a costly defense of a newly aquired territory.

• The initial German attacks are to keep Russia at bay until they get their infantry columns placed and in position. Germany must fend off all 3 Allies in Europe and they had better be prepared to do so. Then they’ll have the strength to counter-attack at the sign of Allied weakness or lag…

• I agree with Anon (I assume its Gavin we’re talking to, you really should make a name). I throw everything I have into Ukraine, totaling 3 tanks 2 fighters 8 infantry. The germans simply cannot counter attack the survivors.

• The Russians will normally have 3 armor and 3 or 4 infantry left in the Ukraine. Germany can send 3 infantry, 4 armor, and a fighter or 2 to take it back. Germany can still cause enough damage to the British fleet with remaining air/naval units. Germany needs to take back the Ukraine to prevent losing Eastern Europe. Russia doesn’t have the strength with infantry and 2 fighters to take both territories. Germany will have limited units left after battle, 1 to 4 armor, but the sacrifice is needed. In turn 2 they’ll have to do it again. They should have 4 infantry, 3 armor, and a fighter or 2 to take the Ukraine a 2nd time. Russia shouldn’t have more than 5 or 6 infantry there for fear of losing Karelia. By turn 3, Russia, again will be forced to take back the Ukraine. Germany should have sufficient infantry to defend Eastern Europe against anything Russia can throw at them (turn 3). No more German attacks should occur, this will only weaken their position. Germany needs to prepare for the inevitable US/UK amphibious assaults. Unless the Allies are slacking on pressuring Germany, Germany’s on the defense for now…

• Actually, if Germany REALLY wanted to, it could take 2 infantry in by Transport.

Also, if the Germans attack with their tanks, let the Russians attack Germany’s tanks. Remember, Russia has the home team advantage.

• id say Ukaraine.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m