Gsh34 (axis) vs. Axisplaya (allies) Alpha +3

• '10

Yeah, it’s still good for allies because they would about never want to attack Japan, they would love to get this 18inf stack back to russia asap.
    While Japan would love to be able to secure 6 IPC /round by turn 3 (maybe 7 or 8 on subsequent turns).
    Those IPC are the most secured of the board for Japan, often, they will keep them til the end.

If we stick to Alpha 3, then it’s better for allies, but that’s the purpose of this new rule….

We got all our time. I can’t think of a good idea for now.

Just feel free to propose anything that comes to your mind. We will examine that and try to find something good for both of us. And i’ll try to come up with something as well.

• I’ve been think about this a bit more.  I will agree to a restrictive non-aggression pact that protects China + starting Japanese territories from Soviet units and protects original Soviet territories from the Japanese if you would be willing to accept the same pact in our next game with me playing the Allies and you the Axis.  Since you view this as a net benefit for the Soviets, I would add an item that if any other Allied units occupy an original Soviet territory (even if liberated or captured), then the Japanese are free to attack with the Mongolian rule still in place.
    Does this this quid pro quo interest you at all?

• Ok, the conditions for invalidating the non-aggression pact:

Russia:
    Soviets must control an original Euro-Axis territory for one complete round of play.  Then, they may enter China or starting Japanese territories.

Japan:
    Japanese must control 5 VC for a complete round of play.  Or, if any unit from an Allied power is in an original Soviet territory, the Japanese may attack original Soviet territories (note: Mongolian Alpha +3 rule still applies).

How does this sound?

• Also, once one power meet the criteria to invalidate the pact and did attack, the restriction is removed from the other power.  So, if Russia owned Romania for a complete turn and then attacked into Korea, Japan could immediately turn around and do an SBR on Moscow even though they might not have 5 VC in the Pacific.  Make sense to you?

• '10

Ok. Let’s do that.

So no no attack between Russia and Japan unless one of the restrictive condition is met by a power AND this power attacks the other.
    Exemple, Russia manages to get Romania for 1 turn, but don’t attack the Japs » the non agression pact is still valid.

That’s still very good for allies, but at least, we’ll both get to play Allies with these rules.

• Middle East (and other Euro-Axis, Allied [outside of China], or neutral territories) would be the exception.  Neither of us start the war owning those, so we could theoretically DOW each other and battle it out in any of those but still be restricted from China/starting Japanese territories/original Russian territories.

• Ok, so with the non-aggression pact in place, I will hopefully get to my Japanese turn tonight.  If I don’t, I will most likely be taking my turn Monday or later.  I can’t do it tomorrow due to other commitments.

• @Axisplaya:

Ok. Let’s do that.

So no no attack between Russia and Japan unless one of the restrictive condition is met by a power AND this power attacks the other.
    Exemple, Russia manages to get Romania for 1 turn, but don’t attack the Japs » the non agression pact is still valid.

That’s still very good for allies, but at least, we’ll both get to play Allies with these rules.

Agreed.  Even if one of the powers can invalidate the pact, it remains in effect until it chooses to attack (if ever).

• '10

No problem.

I thought : we should at least let Japan and Russia fight each other from the chinese border exepted Man.

So, the russian far east territories are protected for a long while (unless one of the restriction is met of course), and once Japan has cleaned China, he at least get the chance to fight Russia somewhere.

What do you think ?

• @Axisplaya:

No problem.

I thought : we should at least let Japan and Russia fight each other from the chinese border exepted Man.

So, the russian far east territories are protected for a long while (unless one of the restriction is met of course), and once Japan has cleaned China, he at least get the chance to fight Russia somewhere.

What do you think ?

So you want the Russians and Japanese to be able to attack each other through Kansu, Tsinghai, Siking, Novisibirsk, and Kazakhstan?  To be honest, I don’t like that.  I want to eliminate the possibility of Japan just giving up on the Pacific board and trying to drive through China to crush Russia or “steal” the eighth VC needed for victory on the Europe board.  I don’t want Japan to be able to attack the Soviet home territories until they have gone a long way towards winning on their board.  Think of it as the Japanese having to take care of business in their half of the world before opening another front.  Same for Russia, I don’t want them mucking up Japan until they have pushed back the Germans on their own and are in control.

To reiterate, these are the conditions I propose that we follow for our two games:

Russia:
    Soviets must control an original Euro-Axis territory for one complete round of play.  Until then, they may not enter China or starting Japanese territories.

Japan:
    Japanese must control 5 VC for a complete round of play before attacking or entering an original Soviet territory.  Or, if any unit from an Allied power is in an original Soviet territory, the Japanese may attack original Soviet territories (note: Mongolian Alpha +3 rule still applies).

Do you understand why I want to try it this way?  I just don’t like the idea of Japan throwing their half of the board away in an attempt to “crush” Russia.  Something about that irritates me.

Euro-Axis, Allied [excluding China], or neutral territories would be the exception.  Neither of us start the war owning those, so we could theoretically DOW each other and battle it out in any of those but still be restricted from China/starting Japanese territories/original Russian territories.

I want either power to be well on the way to victory in their own respective spheres of influence before opening up another front in the war.  This hinders/helps both in the fact that neither will have to garrison their boarders wondering what the other will do.  They can concentrate on their main opponents as needed.  Anyways, it is a game I say we try something different for change!

These would be the non-aggression pact rules for our two games.  What do you say partner? :-D

• '10

Okay. Let’s do that then.

• Alright then, the non-aggression pact is settled.  I will take my turn at a latter date….most likely Monday will be the earliest I’ll get to it, but don’t be surprised if it is latter than that.

• Well, it turned out I can take my turn tonight.

Japan, round 1

Purchase: 26 ipc to spend
    4 SS (24)
    save 2
    total = 26

DOW
    1.) Green Bay Packer fans….man I don’t like them
    2.) UK, ANZAC, France, US

Well, this will be interesting.  It is my first time attempting a J1 DOW.  I’ll have to see how this goes……

Combat:

to z37 (1 BB)
    CA z20
    fig For (1 move remain)
    2 sbr Jap (2 move remain)

to FIC (walk in)
    1 inf Sia

to Bor (walk in)
    1 inf Ksi > TT z 20 > z43

to z35 (1 DD, 1 SS, 1 possible fig scramble?)
    BB, DD, SS z19
    1 fig, 1 tac z6 (0 move remain)

Note: 1 CV from z6 will have to go to z35 in NCM to pick up the planes in the Philippines.

See attached file.

SS z6

to Phil (2 inf, 1 fig if not scrambled)
    1 inf, 1 tank Jap > TT z6 > z33
    1 inf, 1 art Man > TT z19 > z33
    1 fig, 1 tac z 33 (1 move remain)

to Yun (4 inf)
    3 inf, 1 art Kwa
    fig, tac Ksu (1 move remain)

to Cha (walk in)
    1 inf Jeh

to Hon (2 inf)
    1 inf, 1 art Ksi
    1 fig, 1 tac Jap (1 move remain)
    fig Oki (1 move remain)

to Hun
    1 inf Ksi
    2 fig, 2 tac Man (1 move remain)

to Anh (walk in)
    1 inf Sha

gsh34_vs_axisplaya_1cJapan_combat_movement.AAM

• I forgot to mention I need scramble orders for your Philippines fighter?

• '10

Excruciating choice here for the scrambling…
    Can i manage to kill a boat if i scramble ?..

OK, No scramble !

Will be interesting indeed !
    I think i have only played once against a J1 DOW  (in a live game).

• '10

Guess i’ll never play a “standard” game with you !  :lol: :lol:

• @Axisplaya:

Guess i’ll never play a “standard” game with you !   :lol: :lol:

You don’t know me all that well yet, but my real world players would attest to the fact that I can be unpredictable. :evil:

Before I roll, I want to change one thing.  Instead of picking up the inf from Man to bring to Phil, I am going to pick the inf on Oki instead.

Per rules, the amphibious assault is first which means I must clear the sz before hand.

Battle for z35
    attacker: 2 SS, 1 BB, 1 DD, fig, tac (subs first)
    DiceRolls: 3@2 1@3 2@4; Total Hits: 33@2: (4, 1, 2)1@3: (6)2@4: (5, 4)

defender: (1 DD, 1 SS)
    DiceRolls: 1@1 1@2; Total Hits: 11@1: (4)1@2: (2)

• z35 cleared with damaged BB

Battle for Phi

attacker: 2 inf, 1 art, 1 tank, fig, tac
    DiceRolls: 1@1 2@2 2@3 1@4; Total Hits: 01@1: (2)2@2: (4, 4)2@3: (4, 5)1@4: (5)

defender: 2 inf, fig
    DiceRolls: 2@2 1@4; Total Hits: 12@2: (1, 3)1@4: (6)

• round 2, Phi

attacker: inf, art, tank, fig, tac
    DiceRolls: 2@2 2@3 1@4; Total Hits: 22@2: (4, 3)2@3: (5, 3)1@4: (2)

defender: 2 inf, fig
    DiceRolls: 2@2 1@4; Total Hits: 22@2: (1, 4)1@4: (1)

• round 3, Phi

attacker: tank, fig, tac
    DiceRolls: 2@3 1@4; Total Hits: 22@3: (5, 1)1@4: (3)

defender: fig
    DiceRolls: 1@4; Total Hits: 11@4: (4)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m