Amphibious assault - movement before and after

• i think the rules are clear on this, but it caused quite a stir, so here goes:
    (assume no hostile sea units exist)
    Lets say i am going to launch a simple amphibious assault:  so i load 1 tank and 1 infantry, move 2 sea zones, and unload on land, and start to fight in the same space i landed.  all good so far.
    Some other players were telling me that the infantry used its moves for that turn.  They only get one movement, and the act of loading and unloading counts as a movement.
    I say “No”   
    Q:  So assume the infantry are already “on the coast” at the beginning of my turn:, loading into and out of  a transport does not county towards their infantry move, right?  or what exactly is their “one move” comprised of on an amphibious assualt.
    Q2:  so my tank, does it get to blitz into a second territory when it unloads?  doesn’t the first land it touches when it offloads count as the “First move”?
    Thanks, planning a second game tonight, so a ‘third party’ expertise would really help

• Official Q&A

Your friends are right.  Loading to and/or offloading from a transport uses any land unit’s entire movement for the turn.  As such, a land unit may not move before loading or after offloading.  See page 31 of the Rulebook.

Q: The infantry may only load onto the transport and offload from it.  They may not move otherwise.

Q2: The tank may not blitz, as its entire movement has been used loading and offloading.

• ok  the follow up (and real question)……when the amphibious assault unloads, i can fight right away, correct?

(IE…I land in “fighting mode”)  my friends were saying that loading/unloading is the move, and you fight on the next round,

Thanks, great game,

• Official Q&A

Yes, you fight right away, just as you would any time you move into a hostile territory.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m