@Yanny:

I honestly believe that if you follow the Bible you are a fool. Believing in a higher power is one thing, but actually believing in a book?

The Bible is false, pure and simple. I’m not going to start another huge argument so I’ll leave it at that.

Do I belive there is a higher power? I think it is a statistical impossiblity for there to not be one.

If you look it is the only book with anyhting right anymore… You ask most people and they say the world is all dangerous wrong etc… When has there ever been a book that has everything “right”(in the sense of our current laws and beyond)?

GG

• much of the bible has been proven acurate by archeologists. were do you beliee you will go when you die?

• Several feet underground.

• geee Yanny, a fool?? Really??
    that’s not very nice . . . .

Fool :)

Again I’m not going to start another huge argument. I digress.

• I do believe in God, but I am skeptical about many things in the bible. The bible is a way of life, not a historical text. It’s philosophy. I feel sorry for folks that can’t see beyond the bible. God made a big beautiful world. It would be an immense waste of space if we could find everything in a single text.

• Yanny,
    I find it very ignorant to say we worship the bible… I believe you dont know what your talking about or the facts about this subject! :)

• im not taking any chances. id much rather go to heaven.

• Mutha,
    Some people do indeed worship the Bible. For some it is the entirty of history. If it ain’t in there it does not exist. Some people say that dinosaurs did not exist for instance because the Bible says people where here from the very begining of creation. The Bible has a timeline and some people think it shows all of the history of the galaxy. I am not among that group. Frankly people in that group scare me and I am not currently going to church because I don’t want to be around people like that. I still believe in God though.

• the bible does mention dinosaurs, so the people you were taliking to are probably the type that just goes to church on easter and christmas.

• Yeah, I forgot about the Mesozoic book of the Bible. It’s right after Thessalonians right?

• actually i was refering to genesis.

• I don’t recall any place in Genesis where dinosaurs are mentioned. Leviathon and other immense creatures are referenced in various places, however.

I’m not sure why this should refer to the Pentacost. Jesus didn’t mention a time limit.

no, however this refered to an “event” not a “time”. The event occured at a specific time (much as the birth of Jesus, etc.).
    I believe that the Bible is accurate, however it does not mention everything, and obviously many events occurred outside of it.

• thats what i mean, the leviathon, the bible says it has a tail like a cedar etc. do you know of any animals alive today with tails like cedars? im quite sure this is refering to a dinosaur.

• I think it was a really big beaver. Lord knows I have seen some that where pretty big and scary. Honest mistake really.

• @cystic:

I’m not sure why this should refer to the Pentacost. Jesus didn’t mention a time limit.

no, however this refered to an “event” not a “time”. The event occured at a specific time (much as the birth of Jesus, etc.).
    I believe that the Bible is accurate, however it does not mention everything, and obviously many events occurred outside of it.

But Acts 2 doesn’t mention any poison or snakes. It mentions speaking in tongues, but why should it mention only the most unimpressive sign?

@Meijing:

@cystic:

But Acts 2 doesn’t mention any poison or snakes. It mentions speaking in tongues, but why should it mention only the most unimpressive sign?

Because that is the most important! Signs are not as I said meant to convert… if they were people would dwell on that and not seek for God but only a sign(which a lot of people do)… Speaking in the Spirit(or tongues) is a spiritual sign for the believer as a “sign”(it has more of a practical purpose) of communication to the spirit of God from your spirit… Talking with God is to me a better sign…

GG

• @Meijing:

@cystic:

Also because people may not have gone out of their way to drink poison/get bitten by snakes. Later in acts it mentions Paul’s encounter with the asp (as i’ve mentioned), as well as many other miracles much greater than poison or snakes.
    But you are reminding me of the pharasees who asked Jesus directly for signs/miracles. Even after performing many for the benefit of other people, he refused this petty request, ignoring them.

• Believing in the Bible? Statistical impossibility? Drink deadly poison?

:o

Im sure most of you already know my feelings, but for those who don’t:

1. Religion is the opiate of the masses
    2. I hate religion, it should burn, and die, then burn some more
    3. God does not exist

:D

oh boy whats new :roll:

• I believe in God and I think he will be cool with Janus. The God in the Bible often seems petty and small. The God I believe in cares what you do, not what you chant. Don’t think Christians chant? Drive by an abortion clinic some time. If that really is God’s choosen, I will take Janus’ route. I would rather burn in hell than spend an afternoon with that lot.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m