Accurate Miniature Equivalents for Custom Painting your 1940 E&P

• Customizer

UK’s Royal Navy and Pacific 1940 is complete!

• @allworkandnoclay:

:lol: :lol:
    Remember to get Europe!

• Customizer

@Dylan:

@allworkandnoclay:

:lol: :lol:
    Remember to get Europe!

Duh. I’m getting 3 copies of it.

• @i:

thats like three hundred dollars!!! how can you aford to spend that much on board games!

Well this is how I’m getting it either
    A. Wait till my birthday
    B. Wait till Christmas
    C. Use my allowance
    D. Just get my Dad to buy it.

And also for the 300 dollars thing, it’s just what he buys, and he wants to buy it. Like you could not be the richest person, but may have like an over $1000 thing that’s not like a TV, house, or car. It’s just like what he wants to buy with spare money, or B he’s just rich or is pretty rich. Either way it’s his choice. Did that make any sense?

• Customizer

I’m not rich, I just don’t spend much money on luxuries… Also, since this painting project has become such a venture and I’m fairly zealous about WWII history, I look at this as something I’m going to have and enjoy the rest of my life… Possibly something I’ll pass down to my kids after I know they’ll appreciate it.

Another thing: I’ve never paid more than $60 for P:1940 and sold the extra parts (everything except the units) to people that didn’t feel like buying the full game. With all expenditures tallied, for three P:1940 sets I’ve paid $140. I don’t expect to pay much more than that for E:1940.

I assume you guys are young. In the future, even with a very minimal income, I think you’ll agree that $300 isn’t a bad investment if it’s something you’ve very passionate about. You just have to sacrifice some other things to get it, which makes it even more worth it.

• @allworkandnoclay:

I’m not rich, I just don’t spend much money on luxuries… Also, since this painting project has become such a venture and I’m fairly zealous about WWII history, I look at this as something I’m going to have and enjoy the rest of my life… Possibly something I’ll pass down to my kids after I know they’ll appreciate it.

Another thing: I’ve never paid more than $60 for P:1940 and sold the extra parts (everything except the units) to people that didn’t feel like buying the full game. With all expenditures tallied, for three P:1940 sets I’ve paid $140. I don’t expect to pay much more than that for E:1940.

I assume you guys are young. In the future, even with a very minimal income, I think you’ll agree that $300 isn’t a bad investment if it’s something you’ve very passionate about. You just have to sacrifice some other things to get it, which makes it even more worth it.

Well said.  $300 is a tiny investment into a hobby you truly enjoy (I’m at about that now for my AA50 topographical map table!).  Spending little on luxuries and getting a little bit at a time, over a great deal of time makes it all that much easier.

Allwork : Fantastic job!  I hope mine turn out half as nice when I get around to it!

• @Rorschach:

@allworkandnoclay:

Well said.  $300 is a tiny investment into a hobby you truly enjoy (I’m at about that now for my AA50 topographical map table!).  Spending little on luxuries and getting a little bit at a time, over a great deal of time makes it all that much easier.

Allwork : Fantastic job!  I hope mine turn out half as nice when I get around to it!

What do you do if you get $10.00 a week? (theres a chance that your parents can get it)

DtC

• @Dylan:

@Rorschach:

@allworkandnoclay:

What do you do if you get $10.00 a week? (theres a chance that your parents can get it)

DtC

If you get $10 a week you don’t go splurging on overly expensive luxuries like that.  You hope to get things as a gift instead and look at getting a part time job for extras.

• @Rorschach:

@Dylan:

@Rorschach:

@allworkandnoclay:

DtC

If you get $10 a week you don’t go splurging on overly expensive luxuries like that.  You hope to get things as a gift instead and look at getting a part time job for extras.

I use my allowance for comics, and I’m too young to be hired.

• Customizer

Let’s not go too off topic again, guys.

• @allworkandnoclay:

do we get to see it?  It would be cool to see all of them together!

• Just saw the RAF. Looks great as usual.

• RAF looks great.  For my set I did the Yellow-Blue-White-Red roundel for India and the Blue-Red roundel for ANZAC.
    I really like your camo job, I’m not brave enough to do that other than for artillery, mechs, and tanks.

Anyways, all done then… good job.  I’ve only got the startup pieces done plus a bunch others, so I’ve got a long way to go.  I’ll try and post pics when I can.

In particular I really like your Mosquito bombers.  I hope you don’t mind if I borrow your concept for them :)
    Those things were awesome during the war and deserve special attention!

• Those look awesome but you have too much time on your hands…

• Customizer

@BJCard:

Those look awesome but you have too much time on your hands…

Time is the only thing we have on our hands - I gave up a few hours of watching movies/playing games/reading/etc  to do this every night. I know… I know… I’m starting to lose my dedication to the American dream and my couch thinks I’m cheating on it.

• Customizer

Royal Navy coming tomorrow (finished it tonight, but too late to take pics). Also pics of full UK forces and some complete setup pics from A&AP:1940.

• @allworkandnoclay:

Time is the only thing we have on our hands - I gave up a few hours of watching movies/playing games/reading/etc  to do this every night. I know… I know… I’m starting to lose my dedication to the American dream and my couch thinks I’m cheating on it.

ROFL! Thought that was amusing about the couch.

• Customizer

UPDATE:

UK Royal Navy

UK Subs

UK Transports

UK Destroyers

UK Cruisers

UK Carriers

UK Battleships

UK Royal Navy - Early War Flat Camo

UK Royal Navy - Mid-War Disruptive Camo

UK Royal Navy

UK Complete Forces

• Those are so nice! :D

• These are amazing, it really does make the game better. I just wish I had the time to do this, but even if I did I probably wouldn’t, LOL.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m