• Founder TripleA Admin

I actually didn’t have to sign an NDA. It’s just a matter of two things: (a) I want to avoid an copyright infringements that posting the rule book would involved and (b) maintain goodwill with Wizards so that I can continue to get early copies of the game so that I can keep doing previews.

@Craig:

I was just reposting his earlier statement that he can’t post the rule book and why he can’t do it.  I thought that was quite clear.  I am not trying to piss you off, I am just trying to help clear things up.

DJensen probably had to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) (or something similar) to be in a position to receive a preview copy of the game before the regular release.  As such, he can’t post documents like the whole rulebook.  That is something that only the company can do.

Now, if you want to get into a discussion of why the company doesn’t publish the rulebook prior to release as a way to increase interest, then that is a different topic all together.

I would say that continually harping on Djensen to do something that he said he couldn’t do is counterproductive.  Vent your frustrations on the company for not putting the rule book out there for your early viewing.

• I have a question that I don’t believe has been asked.  Do allied ships ‘block’ the movement of Japan boats before war is declared?  And if not does Japan have to declare war before doing her combat moves, or can she make all her CMs and then declare war?

• Official Q&A

@Vareel:

Do allied ships ‘block’ the movement of Japan boats before war is declared?

No.  A sea zone is only hostile if it contains surface warships belonging to a power with which you are at war.

@Vareel:

And if not does Japan have to declare war before doing her combat moves, or can she make all her CMs and then declare war?

When you make a combat move against a power with which you are not yet at war, a state of war immediately results.  This means that all sea zones containing surface warships belonging to that power are immediately hostile, so the normal rules of combat movement apply.  The only exception is that if your transports start their movement in a sea zone that has just become hostile as a result of the attack they may still load units in that sea zone.

This is a little unclear in the rules, and will be in the FAQ.

• so I would get 1 ‘free’ combat move so to speak, then after my first combat move against Uk/Az/US I would be considered at war for all further combat moves?  So for example, if the US had a destroyer in SZ 25, and I had a japan fleet in SZ 6 from which I moved 1 submarine into SZ 26 and use it to attack a US fleet in SZ 26, my battleship and transport in SZ 6 would then NOT be able to move to SZ 26 unless the US destroyer was destroyed because I am now at war.  However, if I were to move the transport first it would be able to bypass the destroyer and I would be free to clear SZ 26 with airpower and allow my transport to land troops.  If this is unclear just say and I will reword it.

• @Krieghund:

@Vareel:

No.  A sea zone is only hostile if it contains surface warships belonging to a power with which you are at war.

So and allied power can make a non-combat movement ending in a seazone containing surface warships belonging to an axis power (and vice versa) if war has not been declared between them?

• @Craig:

Now, if you want to get into a discussion of why the company doesn’t publish the rulebook prior to release as a way to increase interest, then that is a different topic all together.

I would say that continually harping on Djensen to do something that he said he couldn’t do is counterproductive.  Vent your frustrations on the company for not putting the rule book out there for your early viewing.

How about getting into a discussion of why the company doesn’t publish the rulebook after (like, over a year after) they release a game.  They have all the rulebooks up to Guadalcanal on their downloads page, but still don’t have AA50 or AA42.  Is there somewhere else I should be looking?  Can I expect to be able to download a copy of the rulebook after release?

• WOTC Customer Service sucks.

• @Brain:

WOTC Customer Service sucks.

haha I have a cuz who used to work for WOTC and she was nice to me.  guess you just have to be related.

• Not sure about 1942, but I do know that WOTC does have the rulebook for Anniversary online. It is however not on the downloads page and takes some looking around to find.

• Just read my rules book a couple times, didn’t see anything about Neutral Countries. Then I went through specifically looking for rules addressing Neutrals, still, nothing. Did I just miss these? Or what is the deal with the Mongorians?

• @Stoney229:

@Brain:

WOTC Customer Service sucks.

haha I have a cuz who used to work for WOTC and she was nice to me.  guess you just have to be related.

I did notice that you said she used to work for WOTC.

• @bigopfer:

Just read my rules book a couple times, didn’t see anything about Neutral Countries. Then I went through specifically looking for rules addressing Neutrals, still, nothing. Did I just miss these? Or what is the deal with the Mongorians?

What are Mongorians? Some kind of gory mongrels?

• Official Q&A

@bigopfer:

Just read my rules book a couple times, didn’t see anything about Neutral Countries. Then I went through specifically looking for rules addressing Neutrals, still, nothing. Did I just miss these? Or what is the deal with the Mongorians?

Try looking on page 8.

• Official Q&A

@Vareel:

so I would get 1 ‘free’ combat move so to speak, then after my first combat move against Uk/Az/US I would be considered at war for all further combat moves?  So for example, if the US had a destroyer in SZ 25, and I had a japan fleet in SZ 6 from which I moved 1 submarine into SZ 26 and use it to attack a US fleet in SZ 26, my battleship and transport in SZ 6 would then NOT be able to move to SZ 26 unless the US destroyer was destroyed because I am now at war.  However, if I were to move the transport first it would be able to bypass the destroyer and I would be free to clear SZ 26 with airpower and allow my transport to land troops.  If this is unclear just say and I will reword it.

No.  All combat movements are simultaneous.  It doesn’t matter which order you may them in.  At any rate, a transport making an amphibious assault is still a combat movement, so it would not be able to bypass the destroyer.

@Stoney229:

@Krieghund:

@Vareel:

So and allied power can make a non-combat movement ending in a seazone containing surface warships belonging to an axis power (and vice versa) if war has not been declared between them?

Yes.

• @Brain:

@bigopfer:

What are Mongorians? Some kind of gory mongrels?

South Park episode, the town hires the local Chinese Restaurant owner to build them a Great Wall around their city to protect them from invading Mongolians. He pronounced it “Mongorians”.

And now to page 8 in my rule book to see what I can see, thanks Krieg.

• Official Q&A

@Stoney229:

How about getting into a discussion of why the company doesn’t publish the rulebook after (like, over a year after) they release a game.  They have all the rulebooks up to Guadalcanal on their downloads page, but still don’t have AA50 or AA42.  Is there somewhere else I should be looking?  Can I expect to be able to download a copy of the rulebook after release?

The rulebook and FAQ for AA50 is available on its product page on AH’s site.  I’ve been trying to get them added to the general download and FAQ pages for months, with no results.  Hopefully the AA42 rulebook will be made available soon.  Maybe when the AAP40 FAQ is ready they’ll do it all at once.

You should always check Larry Harris’ site for the latest FAQ information, as it’s nearly always published there first.

• In the pre war turns, may opposing war ships surface or subs coexist in the same SZ without combat?    :?

• If there is sea combat before an amphibious then all sea units must participate in the sea battle before the landing, OK got that.

But if there are air units, must all air units participate, in that pre-landing battle or can you hold back bombers/fighters for the landing combat phase if any??

• Have another Q:

Am I right that the territory’s IPC value no longer limits the output of an IC?

• @Shakespeare:

Have another Q:

Am I right that the territory’s IPC value no longer limits the output of an IC?

That is correct, it’s dependent on the type of factory, major or minor.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m