• Hey !

I was wondering if the Panzergrenadiers could be placed on captured factories outside of the german home country or if they can only be placed in the german country ?

Rules 7.8 on page 30 : “Units that become avaible after acquiring advanced technology have to be built in home country”.

So, are the panzergrenadiers considered has a advanced technology unit ? or just “special infantery” (like mountain or marines) ?

• @didier_de_dax Considering the become available after attaining Adv. Mech, I would say you need to build them in home country. Same with Katyushas or other such nation-specific tech units.

• @trig On the reference sheets, Katyusha are listed in the advanced tech while panzergrenadier are listed in the special units section. Does that still apply to panzergrenadier then ? And if yes, can Japan build its SNLF outside home country ?

• @spartantom By my thoughts, both are “units the become available after attaining advanced technology.” Thus they have to be built in home country.
    SNLFs are not any way tech related, and thus do not have a home country requirement.

• I add that according to the FAQ, Panzergrenadiers are vehicle class :

Q: Are German SS Panzergrenadiers Infantry Class units?
    A: No. (they are Vehicle class, like regular Mech. Infantry)

Since, they definitely only become available after a tech improvement, Rule 7.8 applies.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m