• Did anyone watch it?  Not sure why I even bothered.  The same generic, bloviating speech that every President does.  A lot of huzzah over nothing.

And talk about polarized.  If the idiot Republicans would sit the fark down and not clap after every single statement, it would be a 10 minute speech.  When everyone stood up to applaud you at least new it was a decent statement, but come on…what a waste of time.

At least I had a drinking game ready to go.

http://drinkinggame.us/index.html

• I couldn’t catch it. :cry: Bummer because its always so amusing seeing Republicans and Democrats come together to support the president when most of them would love to rip his throat out.  :lol:

• THAT would have made the speech worth watching (though Angel and I both would have had to call in sick today had we tried it…)

• @ncscswitch:

THAT would have made the speech worth watching (though Angel and I both would have had to call in sick today had we tried it…)

Yeah, it was a bit much, I think.  I had to narrow it down to not kill myself.

• '19 Moderator

I don’t know I thought Hilary had some interesting expressions, of course that could have been her normal face I supose.

The thing about the State of the union Address is that it’s just for show, It’s not really intended to be informative.  I’t’s like the Oscar awards for polititions, except Polititions don’t get “awards”, because they are “tireless public servants”.  The SotU Address is just a night when everyone gets on TV and rubs elbows with the “Cool kids”.

• I read somewhere that Hillary only reacted to statements after Obama reacted to them.  I don’t recall noticing that during the speech though.  It was interesting to note facial expressions of everyone.  Every time Bush said “Congress needs to…” or “Congress didn’t…”, I would look at Nancy Pelosi’s reaction.  Cheney was fun too watch too.

And I started to notice people reading while Bush was talking and thought “Damn! do they have balls!”  Then I realized it was just the speech itself.

• '19 Moderator

Yeah, a couple times I thought people were asleep, but I guess they were reading the speach.

Cheney seemed pretty ammused…

• @dezrtfish:

Yeah, a couple times I thought people were asleep, but I guess they were reading the speach.

Cheney seemed pretty ammused…

Lol, I remember the sleeping ones.  Maybe they really were, I remember an old guy in particular.  Probably had the right idea.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m