Global 1942 Scenario by Larry Harris

• @lincolnhawk

that makes something they said make more sense.

a recent email clarified that the setup changes are reverted, though until now i didnt know what they were

• @lincolnhawk here’s oztea’s version if you want to mix it up once in a while

https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/topic/20575/oztea-s-1942-global-setup?_=1657726369009

• S SuperbattleshipYamato referenced this topic on

• The global 1942 scenario is different and exciting, but also looks biased to favor the Allies.

I’m intrigued by Germany’s situation, stretched thin against an upcoming Soviet onslaught.

What are main moves and strategies that Germany should use to fight USSR and UK?

Many thanks for any teachings and insights into Germany’s options here.

• @phd_angel

With Germany in Global 42 this is what I like to do. Turn one you need to purchase an aircraft carrier. This allows you to attack the UK battleship and transport on turn one with the two planes from western Germany, 2 subs and a cruiser. I also buy an airbase on turn one. This goes on Greece. On combat movement take the infantry and tank from southern Europe to cypress to deny the UK national objective. Make sure to land 3 German fighters or tactical bombers on Greece to defend the two German boats. The airbase and fighters make it hard for the UK to hone in on any of the German or Italian boats. In this version I use Germany to get Italy kick started in the Mediterranean. Regarding Russia for the first few turns I try and use dead zones and reposition/consolidate my forces.

• @LincolnHawk said in Global 1942 Scenario by Larry Harris:

@phd_angel

With Germany in Global 42 this is what I like to do. Turn one you need to purchase an aircraft carrier. This allows you to attack the UK battleship and transport on turn one with the two planes from western Germany, 2 subs and a cruiser. I also buy an airbase on turn one. This goes on Greece. On combat movement take the infantry and tank from southern Europe to cypress to deny the UK national objective. Make sure to land 3 German fighters or tactical bombers on Greece to defend the two German boats. The airbase and fighters make it hard for the UK to hone in on any of the German or Italian boats. In this version I use Germany to get Italy kick started in the Mediterranean. Regarding Russia for the first few turns I try and use dead zones and reposition/consolidate my forces.

Thanks for your insights. Purchasing an aircraft carrier to enable an aero-naval battle is an interesting proposition but sounds too expensive to be justified. I followed your other advice and I built an Air Base (in Holland though). I found it helpful but too expensive. I wonder if you underestimated Russia vis-a-vis UK?..

• @LincolnHawk said in Global 1942 Scenario by Larry Harris:

@phd_angel

With Germany in Global 42 this is what I like to do. Turn one you need to purchase an aircraft carrier. This allows you to attack the UK battleship and transport on turn one with the two planes from western Germany, 2 subs and a cruiser. I also buy an airbase on turn one. This goes on Greece.

I’ve done similar buys. This scenario is really 1943 and you have to treat it that way. Germany has lost the initiative and has to figure out how to get it back. It’s a totally different game from 1940.

• @siparo does anyone know know what the standard bid is towards the Axis in this game?? Looking to test it out with a group for the first time and my initial impression is that it is heavily weighted towards the allies, although keeping Japan in check is going to be quite challenging.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m