Soviet 203mm Gun x6 scratchbuilt (AAM scale)

• (overall length, barrel to tail = 3")
      With the scracthbuilds and “extra-fine” models I have made lately, I was worried that maybe everything else I made would be anti-climactic. When a soviet 203mm scratchbuild was ordered, I figured it was time to crank up the assembly line and make 6. I always make scratchbuilds in multiples now, and I am keeping 2 of these for myself, with 3 remaining yet to be sold.
      3 are in Soviet green, and 3 in winter camo. None are “neat”, all have  wear and weathering. One of the green ones has EXTRA wear and rust, and its my favorite of the buinch. It really looks like cast metal that was left outside and forgotten for years. It has rust wherever thier should be rust, and recent gray-ish exposed metal wherever thier would be very fresh wear (edges of legs, crank handles, standing platforms, barrel sleeve joint, ammo crane guide, etc.).
      These models have the distinction of not only the normal balsa wood, metal tubing, and paper; but having a few sterling silver and gold plated parts (painted over of course). Cutting metal tubing into 2mm lengths, grinding, and sanding them is impossible. So I resorted to the jewelry section of Hobby lobby to get some sterling silver connectors (for stowage hatches on the back of the legs) and 2mm gold plated crimp tubes (scattered all over, and also on my T-92 models).

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m