3 submarines = 1 battleship ?%%????

• @EmuGod:

I see your point Ozone. But the problem with Cavalry is that there areno pieces that could be used for them. I thought about adding them in, but there were no pieces. As for zeppelins, I might just make them a German only technology that will be like rockets though I’ll have to discuss it with Moses too. I think giving them as a German only technology will be good because every other power will also have a speical technology that does different things when used.

Use RISK pieces for the cavalry. Except that none of the colors are the same I guess, so that wouldn’t work…

Another must-have for Germany is the “Storm Troopers” technology. These guys would attack way above normal infantry (though less than Armor), but defend as normal. Maybe they’d be like Artillery that were cheaper, I dunno…

Using BMRs as Zeppelin pieces is pretty unsatisfying. Maybe you could whittle 'em out of something :) . You can also cut them out of cardboard and fasten them to a little plastic base…

OK, maybe I’m getting a little too “ghetto” w/ that last idea :lol: , but still that’d free up the BMRs pieces for actual bombers…

Ozone27

• “hey! it’s important to know what’s good as well as what’s bad. So our European cavalry wasn’t very effective, but at least our infantry was. That was merely my point.
    Also to answer your question further, some believe that Vimy Ridge was a defining point in our nation’s history. That this set us apart from the rest of the world by showing what we could do. Thus every Canadian knows about Vimy Ridge, and the 1972 summit series between Canada and the USSR when Paul Henderson scored the winning goal . . . important momments in Canadian history.”

I am happy you ‘Canucks’ (as TG puts it) are proud of your rich history. But try not to put us Americans on the receiving end, okay? :)

“Another must-have for Germany is the “Storm Troopers” technology. These guys would attack way above normal infantry (though less than Armor), but defend as normal. Maybe they’d be like Artillery that were cheaper, I dunno…”

I always come to know that the ‘Storm Troopers’ or ‘Shock Troopers’ were a part Nazi Germany under the directive of Adolf Hitler. My recollection of German “crack units” in World War One was the Elite Prussians Guards. These Guards manned the Kaiser’s heavy machineguns made life tremendously difficult :( for our brave American ‘Doughboys’ advancing through the Argonne Forest, which would be our ‘Vimy Ridge’ :)

PS: I do not know what I am saying is true as older brother teaches my history

• NO. WWI storm troopers were light troops developed in late 1917 by Germany in an attempt to circumvent the “in-depth” defensive line that had been adopted by the Allies by that time. Basically the “Sturmtruppen” were armed with “trench-brooms” (light machine guns), flamethrowers and light mortars, and very lightly-encumbered with minimal equipment. They were well-trained and well-fed and were tasked with pushing past the enemy’s main defensive points, bypassing local resistance, and advancing deep into enemy-held territory while the regular infantry brought up the rear. These were the crack troops that achieved the 1918 “Kaiserschlacht” breakthroughs and were an entirely new concept in warfare. In the absence of signifigant armored cavalry, these units were the next best thing and had a profound influence on subsequent military theory.

As with many famous WWI German military successes, the Nazis tried to tie the image of the “storm troops” with their own in the public mind. While the storm-troop strategy remained an important military idea, the Nazis really had nothing to do with its conception.

Ozone27

• "Another must-have for Germany is the “Storm Troopers” technology. These guys would attack way above normal infantry (though less than Armor), but defend as normal. Maybe they’d be like Artillery that were cheaper, I dunno… "

Maybe. Each country has a “special ability” unique to that country only. For example the Russians have the “Bolshevik Revolution” and Austria-Hungary has the “Two Country Rule.” I think Germany’s special ability has already been used, so you might have to talk to Emu about this. Also, we have no units to represent them, which might be another difficulty.

• @TG:

Maybe. Each country has a “special ability” unique to that country only. For example the Russians have the “Bolshevik Revolution” and Austria-Hungary has the “Two Country Rule.” I think Germany’s special ability has already been used, so you might have to talk to Emu about this. Also, we have no units to represent them, which might be another difficulty.

I’m thinking of Storm Troopers as being a technology that Germany can research that improves normal INF–like “super Infantry”. So possibly, no new units necessary…

What is “Bolshevik Revolution” gonna do–Russia is automatically out of the game :lol: ? What is the “2 country rule”?

Ozone27

• Moses go it slightly wrong. Austria-Hungary’s special technology is “The Dual Monarchy”. IT gives Austria-Hungary two capitals, so if one is taken only half of the empire’s IPCs are plundered and the rest remain. It makes Austria-Hungary harder to destroy because of its two capitals.

• Emu, what was Germany’s then?
    I thought you told be, but I guess I forgot. :-?

• I had some ideas for Germany’s but I never committed to anything. I think “Zeppelin Raids” would be a good one if we can’t find any units to use as zeppelins.

• Well just as long it’s not “Ghost of Bismark!”

What I’m thinking is either Zeppelin raids (if we do decide to have them) or U-Boats (unrestricted submarine warefare - after USA enters the war). Biplanes might work too, since at the end of the war, Germany had arguably the best fighters.

talk to me :wink:

• Any more questions at all? Does anyone wnat to help play test. You need ot have an Instant Messenger system though preferably AOL Instant Messenger but MSN will also do.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m