• Sub returns fire
    [dice 1d6<=2]

• 1d6<=2: 1; Hits: 1

• TripleA Turn Summary: Americans round 8

TripleA Turn Summary for game: Europe Improved

Game History

Round: 8

Purchase Units - Americans
            Americans buy 2 artilleries, 4 infantry and 3 transports; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Americans
            2 infantry moved from Baltic States to Baltic Sea Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Leningrad to Baltic Sea Sea Zone
            1 artillery, 3 infantry and 2 transports moved from Baltic Sea Sea Zone to Danish Sea Sea Zone
            2 destroyers moved from Baltic Sea Sea Zone to Danish Sea Sea Zone
            1 destroyer moved from Celtic Sea Sea Zone to Danish Sea Sea Zone
            1 submarine moved from Celtic Sea Sea Zone to Danish Sea Sea Zone
            3 artilleries and 3 infantry moved from United Kingdom to Celtic Sea Sea Zone
            3 artilleries, 3 infantry and 3 transports moved from Celtic Sea Sea Zone to Danish Sea Sea Zone
            4 artilleries and 6 infantry moved from Danish Sea Sea Zone to Germany
            1 artillery and 6 infantry moved from Eastern France to Germany

Combat - Americans
            Battle in Danish Sea Sea Zone
                Americans attack with 3 destroyers, 1 submarine and 5 transports; Russians loiter and taunt
                Germans defend with 2 submarines
                    Americans roll dice for 1 submarine in Danish Sea Sea Zone, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 submarine owned by the Germans lost in Danish Sea Sea Zone
                    Americans roll dice for 3 destroyers and 5 transports in Danish Sea Sea Zone, round 2 : 1/3 hits, 1.50 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 1 submarine in Danish Sea Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 submarine owned by the Germans lost in Danish Sea Sea Zone
                Americans win with 3 destroyers, 1 submarine and 5 transports remaining. Battle score for attacker is 16
                Casualties for Germans: 2 submarines
                Turning on Edit Mode
                EDIT: Removing units owned by Russians from Danish Sea Sea Zone: 1 submarine
                EDIT: Removing units owned by Americans from Danish Sea Sea Zone: 1 submarine
                EDIT: Turning off Edit Mode
            Battle in Germany
                Americans attack with 5 artilleries and 12 infantry
                Germans defend with 1 aaGun, 1 factory, 1 fighter and 8 infantry
                    Americans roll dice for 5 artilleries and 12 infantry in Germany, round 2 : 3/17 hits, 4.50 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 1 fighter and 8 infantry in Germany, round 2 : 2/9 hits, 3.33 expected hits
                    2 infantry owned by the Americans lost in Germany
                    3 infantry owned by the Germans lost in Germany
                    Americans roll dice for 5 artilleries and 10 infantry in Germany, round 3 : 5/15 hits, 4.17 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 1 fighter and 5 infantry in Germany, round 3 : 3/6 hits, 2.33 expected hits
                    3 infantry owned by the Americans lost in Germany
                    5 infantry owned by the Germans lost in Germany
                    Americans roll dice for 5 artilleries and 7 infantry in Germany, round 4 : 6/12 hits, 3.67 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 1 fighter in Germany, round 4 : 1/1 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Americans lost in Germany
                    1 fighter owned by the Germans lost in Germany
                Americans captures 51PUs while taking Germans capital
                Americans win, taking Germany from Germans with 5 artilleries and 6 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 18
                Casualties for Americans: 6 infantry
                Casualties for Germans: 1 fighter and 8 infantry

Non Combat Move - Americans
            Trigger AlliedVictoryConditionsMet: Setting switch to true for conditionAttachmentAlliedVictorySwitch attached to Americans
            1 transport moved from Baltic Sea Sea Zone to English Channel Sea Zone
            3 artilleries and 3 infantry moved from United States to U.S. Eastern Coast Sea Zone
            3 artilleries, 3 infantry and 3 transports moved from U.S. Eastern Coast Sea Zone to Celtic Sea Sea Zone
            2 fighters moved from United States to United Kingdom
            3 artilleries and 3 infantry moved from Celtic Sea Sea Zone to United Kingdom

Place Units - Americans
            2 artilleries and 4 infantry placed in United States
            3 transports placed in U.S. Eastern Coast Sea Zone

Turn Complete - Americans
            Americans collect 49 PUs; end with 100 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Americans regular : 1.83
    Germans regular : -0.67

Savegame

• Forgot the -8 for America lol

US8 edit.tsvg

• Interesting that you feel this way. It takes two turns for Americans transports to do relevant things, 1 turn if you’re going for Morocco. It takes about three turns for American fighters to reach Moscow (2 for Lenin, so I do feel it is more important in the early game for Americans to build fighters).

I think you do eventually need to get the American shuck going. I feel like you got the American shuck down - three sets of transports is the way to go, imo.

Lol, maybe once again you are right. I did G8 myself trying to see if there is a way to victory but they are actually more under pressure than I thought. Perhaps you can take out Central France, then abandon Belorussia to move to Leningrad in force, then you might be able to take Scandinavian/Northern Russian territories and bleed out the Russians. And build up a stack of infantry in Germany.

Yeah I think the transport shock can be effective but usually Moscow falls on G6 and at that moment the US hasn’t had enough time to do anything useful. Landing in Morocco is indeed one turn away but I don’t think it hurts the Germans as much. Taking the Northern Italy factory is quite difficult if Germany defends it. The easiest thing to do is to land in Holland but threatening Germany is difficult as the Allies have a multi-national force which is always less effective in attacking.

This game is special as the Germans are not in a position to take out Moscow and are actually threatened to be attacked in Belorussia (which honestly surprises me, I wonder where they lost their strenght). In my experience the Germans in the late game can simply build stacks of infantry and then a couple of tanks for Moscow and the odds on attacking Berlin are only getting worse for the Allies while Moscow is only getting better for Germany. But I have to say that in those situations, the Germans were able to squeeze more income from the Russian by having captured several Russian territories around Moscow, so that might play a role too.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m