• Actually, you are right on the money.

:wink:

Octo

and if you see a ballistic, frustated man you know that it was a french plane

• @Guerrilla:

and if you see a ballistic, frustated man you know that it was a french plane

The other clue to a French plane… you are looking DOWN when you see it… :-)

• Actually, you might be surprised to know the French fighters did pretty well.  The French CharB1 and S35 tanks were excellent tanks.  The CharB1 was better than anything the Germans had at the battle of France(1940).  The French just didn’t know how to use it properly.  The French Airforce was taken by surprise and not used much at all.

Their stuff was ok, just in the wrong hands.

• Their stuff was ok, just in the wrong hands.

Very true.  The French should (on paper) have been able to crush the Nazis because they had more forces and better equipment.  But better planes and tanks don’t help the battle when they are still crated up and stored in the warehouse even days after the war has started :? .  I read a statistic somewhere that during the battle of France there were more French planes actually completely unused (stored in lonely hangars, crated up in a warehouse, etc.) than the entire German airforce at the time.

The Germans has so much sucess in part because of complacency and outright stupidity on the part of the allies.

• At least the White Flag Factory and distribution system worked… saved a lot of civies :-)

• Gee… I agree

• I have played that scenario for Gemany every time and I agree, it works.  But even though it works great, I have encompassed that scenario with my Allied Victory in 4 Turns.  Using all the worst case scenarios and even dice roll averages and bad dice roll averages, it’s still possable for Allied Victory in 4 turns.  I’m still working on how the Axis can beat this and overturn the results, but Japan can’t do a damn thing quick enough in 4 yurns to make any difference at all.  Only the Japanese bomber can get to Europe in time to help Germany directly so I’m checking out the possabilities on that.

May you always roll 1s,

Sir Allistair

• High Level bomb Russia with that Japanese bomber.  It’s direct strike on their western front infantry production.  3.5 IPC very often cuts them off from two infantry per turn.  Take the eastern two provinces and make forays into the two close to moscow and you force force redirection and cut off another two INF per turn.  Geran bomber and or rockets will cut off another 2.  Bomb the crap out of Russia.  It allows you to impact the eastern front.

Also German subs are wicked.  Two surviving subs (in seperate sea zones)just off Britain seas zone are a significant threat.  If the British attack them and one of the attack fails you can retreat them into the U.K. sea zone, meaning they can’t build a navy that turn unless they are feeling lucky.  If they send 1 FIG at each thats only a 1/4 chance of taking out both subs.  If they try to invest in a navy and don’t sink these subs, the axis will lose from Britain throwing away an entire turn.  If they don’t attack the German subs, the subs will decimate the just built navy, saving FIGs from casualties, just kill the carrier and retreat.  I actually built two subs one game and extended the eastern front.  The Russians could not afford to divert their FIGs to the baltic for three turns, and the Brits were left holding their sack unable to build a navy.  Sure they sunk one sub a turn which looks like a 0/8 IPC ratio but it created three turns of tempo for only 24 tital I.P.C.  I also used the subs to sink 24 I.P.C. of transports, saving my FIG’s from unlucky hits.

• Agent Smith, you factor in the possibility of a lost Japanese bomber as if it was a battle of attrrition between Japan and Russia.  It is not, hence your error.  It does not matter if the bomber gets shot down.  All that maters is impacting Russias income so that they can afford less infantry on the German front.  See, you say “blah, blah, blah, it only does 3 IPC per turn.”  But that is blatantly wrong.  It does 3.5 per turn.  You are factoring the potential loss of the bomber as if thuis makes the potential bombing run do less damage than it actually does.  It is not attrition between Japan and Russia.  Finally, there is no way it flies over multiple AA guns.

Finally, you asume that all the allies air power can be flown to U.K.  B.S. I’d like to see a Japan player just trounce you.  Thrown everything at Germany and its like rolling the dice that Japan doesn’t win the game outright.  Here’s a factoid you might not know.  If everyone throws everything at Germany and takes it and Japan throws everything at Russia and takes it, Japan will win.  Most Japaness players surrender when Germany is taken.  That is the wrong thing to do.  It Japan control Russia they will win.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m