• 9 and 1

• @theSexualHarrassmentPanda:

8 inf and a transport for southern europe. You have to control Africa, and the transport will help big time.

I really dislike the G1 purchase of a transport b/c I think it merely encourages the Brits to build 2bmbs and then on B2 attack bb 2trn with 2ftrs 3bmbs which enables them to take out your transport at no additional cost as they were going to lose a ftr to kill the bb trn anyway. In the end you merely waste 8ipcs for very little gain as the Germans cannot afford large numbers of troops in Africa anyway.

The extra trn allows attacks on both AES and Syr. The trn is only a nuisance after that. GBR fleet builds will be slowed down by the 2 Bmbs. And soon, the shift in cash flows to Ger.

• @theSexualHarrassmentPanda:

The extra trn allows attacks on both AES and Syr. The trn is only a nuisance after that. GBR fleet builds will be slowed down by the 2 Bmbs. And soon, the shift in cash flows to Ger.

Unless the Allies either land immediately into WAfr and then slow down Germany from completely consolidating their hold on Africa. What’s more the Germans can’t really afford to send more inf into Africa than a typicl PAfrica bid would do. Like I said I never mind a G1 purchase of a transport b/c it is easy to kill and therefore a waste of money. What’s more Germany really does need men in Europe if they are to ever WIN the game. Just mastering cash flow will not lead to certain victory.

I normally play RR, so no bids. The games posted indicate that PAf is superior to trn buy. Allies usu do not have enough ships to safely land in Afr until round 3 or 4.

Of course, opposition deployments and battle results should weigh in on any purchase decision.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m