• Looks like I’m not going to play in the Open Play, actually. So I’ll be handing in  my ticket to the AA organizer and if someone wants to play in it they can use my ticket.

• Was fun guys! Once again, Greg & Crew did a great job holding the tournaments!

• @smo63:

@ghr2:

I am sad that they wont be having g40 in tournament format :(  Have to do 1942 apparently.

Well, unfortunately, G40 does not lend itself to tournament play.  We are finding out G42 doesn’t as well but is it the best alternative.Â

I will let Questioneer address this when he arrives.  But in short, just no way to have a tournament at a CON.  Not enough time… :oops:

Peace,
    Greg Smorey

Axis & Allies EO/GM - GEN CON/ORIGINS/SG
    www.headlesshorseman2.com

Sorry, couldn’t make it this year…really wanted to defend our 1914 title from Origins.  BTW- the 1914 game rocks with the new tourney rules.  Hopefully Larry will confirm the new slightly adjusted setup for next year also.

As far as G42- Greg I am really warming up to this game as I think others are as they play it.  However like G40- its not any faster unless you give guys the 12-14 hrs (versus 8hrs) to play it in.  If you play 8hrs it might as well be all day, that way players can finish the stinking thing.

Other than that I put G42 on equal par with G40- both are superb versions.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m