• Founder TripleA Admin

I have started to restore the old strategies. I just wanted to get some feedback on the navigating through the strategies as well as the look at feel.

Thanks.

• Founder TripleA Admin

Rules are coming back online too. I thought you people would be ebullient. Oh, well.

• Cheers!

• This is the happiest i’ve been since . . . ummm . . . ever?
    i’m not a very happy person . . . .

• Didn’t I remember you saying something about a content-management system?

• Founder TripleA Admin

Yeah, this is the first step of it. Right now it consists of me entering the articles in the database manually and then running a script to automatically generate the pages.

The next step is to add a form so that people can submit articles and I can approve/edit them and put them up on the site.

After that (or maybe before), I’m going to set up a way to rate the articles on a scale of one to five.

• Nice! Any help that you need, just ask. I wish I had the web-skills you and Deviant have :)

• Same goes with me, just holler and I’d be happy to help. I know all that database programming and server scripting.

• djensen, do you have the content in electronic format already?

If yes then is there anything that can be used to delimit the fields you want or perhaps even a fixed field length? If so you can use Microsoft access to import a text document into an access database, link that access database into an Oracle/SQL server or pret’near any other database via ODBC and write simple querries to bang it in.

I hate microsoft but believe it or not I worked for a company that did data migrations from AS/400 to Compaq Alpha servers running NT 4.0 using a laptop running windows and access to ‘migrate’ the data over. Did it for fortune 500 companies no less. I know referential integrity rules like da back of me hand!

BB

• Founder TripleA Admin

All the articles are currently in XML format. So I could write an XML parser to read the articles and insert them into the database. But I think it might take me jsut as long to write and test that parser than it would to enter everything manually.

• Well I haven’t worked with XML but I imagine access can still read it fairly easily using a wizard, or not….? I guess it all depends on how much typing is involved for the most part. :-)

MS Access is a suprisingly good tool when working with databases. This coming from a guy who hates microsoft…

BB

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m