• @hewhoisnickel:

@Almano:

@Mysterious:

Italy goes first

UK goes first

OK, I know for a fact this is already somewhere on the forums, as I have seen it before, but I’ve completely forgotten. What’s the turn order?

I think it’s Germany, Russia, Britain, US, Italy, France

• Order of Play

1. Germany
      2. Soviet Union
      3. United Kingdom
      4. Italy
      5. United States
      6. France

From djensens preview

• @ll:

Dammit… now I feel like an a**… my group never abided by the combat moves all at once rule… we did them one by one, it made the game a bit more dynamic.

If you play like that in aae40 a G1 sea lion is the way to go, i would say it would have 80 % chanse of sucsess. The UK will maybe take it back from Canada but you will be 35 ipc richer and the UK wont be able to build anything for a round. Germany would build for around 95 in G2 when they get to spend everything they looted from Paris and London in turn one.

• @WILD:

Order of Play

1. Germany
       2. Soviet Union
       3. United Kingdom
       4. Italy
       5. United States
       6. France

From djensens preview

Thank you very much. :D What’s the Global Turn Order?

• Global Order of Play

1. Germany
    2. Soviet Union
    3. Japan
    4. United Kingdom
    5. ANZAC
    6. Italy
    7. United States
    8. China
    9. France

• I tried the taranto attack during the games I played at GenCon.  one tac, one fighter, 1 destoyer, 1 cruiser against the one italian battleship, and one crusier.

move the carrier to the coast of soutern france and land the planes on board. This way what ever ships you have left portect from a italian counter-attack on your carrier. the french ships are able too survive and protect your carrier from a German air raid. The germans are the ones you want to watch out for.

if succesful( depends on the dice and how many planes the germans counter attack with) This move can really stunt the Italians. Control of the med is the difference between Italy making 17 and 40 IPCs at the end of turn four.

• Very cool Emperor_Taiki, I thought the risk might be worth the reward. I also thought that move might save the French fleet in the Med. Good to point out the Germans may have a counter attack as well. Thanks for sharing.

• @ll:

Even doing that is incredibly risky.  The British forces aren’t exactly even in a Taranto battle.  Chances are the Italians will lose the Cruiser and be able to repair the BB next turn- not a good trade off to losing a Cruiser and Destroyer and possibly a Tac Bomber.  I still say its better to concentrate everything near the Suez Canal and make a stand till the US can enter Morocco/Algeria.  If anything, use the small French fleet to damage the Italians just to force them to think what to buy.    There’s a good shot Italy will jump to 16-17 IPCs after her 1st turn. (South France, Bulgaria, Kenya, Tunisia and maybe Sudan)  Lets assume her 1st purchases (with 10 IPCs) is a just a Transport.  On turn 2, you’re talking either 2 fighters, or even a Destroyer+Cruiser or even subs.  It really makes any potential UK naval win into a Pyrrhic Victory.

carrier takes a hit, and use fighter from egypt aswell
    so AC with tac makes the battleship, cruiser for cruiser, foghter and destroyer for extra?
    but that’s then IPC’s going into useless (cause US will destroy it with very little losses) ships than into troops that can be shipped to where they’re needed
    couple that wioth british IC in egypt, and you got yourself a decent 8th army there aswell.
    atleast i like the idea of an IC there…

• @Frontovik:

the europian UK needs to buy defences for england the first turn. Using transports for shipping units from south africa to egypt can be just as good. And if you dont attack the Italian navy the first turn you will probably lose egypt by I2 even if you have +3 inf.

• @Emperor_Taiki:

@Frontovik:

the europian UK needs to buy defences for england the first turn. Using transports for shipping units from south africa to egypt can be just as good. And if you dont attack the Italian navy the first turn you will probably lose egypt by I2 even if you have +3 inf.

the plan is for germany preparing against germany (i’m still doubtfull for chances of germany taking england)
    yes of course, take out transport, and mini-IC at egypt, togehter with troops from syria and sudan, and perhaps UK figs from england

• There’s no way you can ignore the possibility of a German Sea Lion. From what Emp_T and djensen have said the UK navy will take a pounding early on (as it normally does). Germany can now move its fleet out of the Baltic and add to it w/W German & Normandy IC’s. The UK has to add to its air force early in the game, not start moving it away from England. UK is also going to need to build a bunch of dd’s to fight the German subs. They need to clear the Atlantic to get an NO, plus they can’t afford to lose $ due to convoys. I also think that a UK minor IC build in Egypt could back fire if you don’t attack the Italian navy (BB, CA , tpt) UK1.

• @WILD:

There’s no way you can ignore the possibility of a German Sea Lion. From what Emp_T and djensen have said the UK navy will take a pounding early on (as it normally does). Germany can now move its fleet out of the Baltic and add to it w/W German & Normandy IC’s. The UK has to add to its air force early in the game, not start moving it away from England. UK is also going to need to build a bunch of dd’s to fight the German subs. They need to clear the Atlantic to get an NO, plus they can’t afford to lose $ due to convoys. I also think that a UK minor IC build in Egypt could back fire if you don’t attack the Italian navy (BB, CA , tpt) UK1.

I agree, there has been a lot of wild talk about “all the UK has to do is….this or that, buy tons O stuff and…”.
    Yeah, UK is going to shrink in size real fast and have a lot more to worry about.

• @Frontovik:

@ll:

Even doing that is incredibly risky.  The British forces aren’t exactly even in a Taranto battle.  Chances are the Italians will lose the Cruiser and be able to repair the BB next turn- not a good trade off to losing a Cruiser and Destroyer and possibly a Tac Bomber.  I still say its better to concentrate everything near the Suez Canal and make a stand till the US can enter Morocco/Algeria.  If anything, use the small French fleet to damage the Italians just to force them to think what to buy.    There’s a good shot Italy will jump to 16-17 IPCs after her 1st turn. (South France, Bulgaria, Kenya, Tunisia and maybe Sudan)  Lets assume her 1st purchases (with 10 IPCs) is a just a Transport.  On turn 2, you’re talking either 2 fighters, or even a Destroyer+Cruiser or even subs.  It really makes any potential UK naval win into a Pyrrhic Victory.

carrier takes a hit, and use fighter from egypt aswell
    so AC with tac makes the battleship, cruiser for cruiser, foghter and destroyer for extra?
    but that’s then IPC’s going into useless (cause US will destroy it with very little losses) ships than into troops that can be shipped to where they’re needed
    couple that wioth british IC in egypt, and you got yourself a decent 8th army there aswell.

You guys do remember that if you damage the aircraft carrier, the planes cannot land on it right?  :roll:

• @Piazza2425:

You guys do remember that if you damage the aircraft carrier, the planes cannot land on it right?  :roll:

Yea that’s why I suggested keeping the CV out of the battle and placing it w/French fleet in sz 93 to pick up surviving air units. I don’t see expensive CV’s making to many attacks any more. They have no attack value, and can’t have planes return if hit. I like it that way, seems more of what there role was. I guess there is the occasional suicide run, where you take it in just to soak up hits. Sometimes that will get you an extra roll out of your air units. I would at least try to make sure any surviving air has an alternate place to land though, hate loosing air for that reason.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m