How is France going to survive even 1 round?!?

• Funcioneta is right……i will try to play with 7 players…but for the allied minors…i’ll try to put some rookie players on that mission

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Napoleon:

Funcioneta is right……i will try to play with 7 players…but for the allied minors…i’ll try to put some rookie players on that mission

What is your definition of ‘rookie players’?

• @Napoleon:

Funcioneta is right……i will try to play with 7 players…but for the allied minors…i’ll try to put some rookie players on that mission

Maybe it’s just me, but I think that putting rookie players on France or China in a seven player game is asking for them to never play the game again.  “Here, why don’t you dork around with these guys for 3 minutes, then wait an hour and a half for your next turn”

To me (and without having seen the full game, obv) the maximum the game can realistically support is 6 (Germany, USSR/France, Japan, UK/ANZAC, Italy, USA/China) or 5 if Italy isn’t enough to entertain a full player.  That way each of the allied players has a major and a minor ally, and each allied player will have something to do in the beginning of the game and the end of the game.  The Axis players will be fine, as they tend to have more activity per nation than the allies do.

Of course, personally, I prefer 1-on-1 or at most 2-on-1, though that may be in part due to availability of time and opponents.

@purplebaron:

Of course, personally, I prefer 1-on-1 or at most 2-on-1, though that may be in part due to availability of time and opponents.

A little off topic… but how many players do you usually play with (on the global versions)? Would I be atypical in saying that I usually play games involving 5 or 6 total people? … thereby maxing out teams…

I suppose it would not be quite so boring for an Allied player to have control over China, Fance and ANZAC. At least you’d be able to go more often, even if you are still a second rate element in the game. Even though Italy can be played solo, I typically find that to be terribly boring also. The only time we have a dedicated player for Italy is if we have 6 players, or one of us doesn’t want to put that much thought into that particular game. In all other cases, Italy is typically a German puppet… which, to have Axis victory, they almost have to be.

• Rookie player….you know…i mean those who begin to play axis and allies…not some one who already play 50th anniversary each week…they got to learn in some ways and give them germany isn’t a good idea vs veterans

France + China + Anzac can be fun to play for some one who is new to axis and allies…and for the wait…from 1940 its just cool to see the world war 2 turn in new ways…

my opinion

• @Napoleon:

Rookie player….you know…i mean those who begin to play axis and allies…not some one who already play 50th anniversary each week…they got to learn in some ways and give them germany isn’t a good idea vs veterans

France + China + Anzac can be fun to play for some one who is new to axis and allies…and for the wait…from 1940 its just cool to see the world war 2 turn in new ways…

my opinion

Well, my good Emperor, you might be right. It just really depends on what the player wants. If they are fine with playing as France or China or ANZAC, so be it. If they want to play as a major power, so be it.

That’s what I do with noobie players; I let them pick. Something, I’m sure, is a foreign concept around these parts.  :wink:

@UN:

That’s what I do with noobie players; I let them pick. Something, I’m sure, is a foreign concept around these parts.   :wink:

“These parts…”? What are “these parts”, my good Frenchman?

• @LHoffman:

@UN:

That’s what I do with noobie players; I let them pick. Something, I’m sure, is a foreign concept around these parts.   :wink:

“These parts…”? What are “these parts”, my good Frenchman?

“these parts” of the world

• Nah, I mean by these forums.  :-D

• I typically play with 2-3 people. Too many people makes the game waaaay to slow and too few makes it too boring.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m