@cystic:

@Guerrilla:

CC, I am not tied to the laws of the OT (Gal. 3:23, Rom. 8:1)… Therefore that is why christians do not use it as a basis for a set pattern of living because part of it is “works”… Some of it Dietarily and Sanitarily is excellent and can be drawn from but as a whole… The old as you said is yes the Foundation for the new… But it is not the “law” of the new… And as you said the truths in the stories can be drawn…

GG

without too much thinking - yes, i believe i agree with most of this.
    The thing is, Christians should believe that the OT is true, as not only is it “the foundation”, but the prophecies that Jesus fulfilled came from here.

They do believe it is true and real… and especially now a days we look at the prophecy in them! I don’t think you will find too many christians who don’t believe the prophecies are not “right” because they are OT…

GG

GG

• Countless people over the ages have had real experiences that have been life-changing as a result of their relationship with God/Jesus.

really? REAL experiences you say? oh ok, that proves it then

therefore in your expert opinion, this is of no consequence

you being sure there is a god makes you a believer. ME being sure there isnt makes me and “expert” (said sarcastically of course). right, because YOURS is OBVIOUSLY the correct way

Sad.

sad that you cannot accept that you may be wrong (unlike me, because i am of course right :wink: )

this is all such garbage. We are not looking for the “simplest solution” but rather answers that you do not have (nor does science).

first, maybe you arent (though you have expressed in previous posts that it is the “simplest solution”) but other people are (i have a book, in which one primary argument for God is that it is the “simplest solution”
    second, science isnt about all the answers, its about understanding as much as possible. its always growing, changing and expanding. id prefer to put stock in something that can be tested, shown, or experienced physically than in “faith”

As for the Romans killing Jesus - please do more research before coming up with this kind of crap.

JESUS tap dancing CHRIST. ITS A FRIGGIN JOKE!!!
    mother of GOD i figured YOU would be able to figure that out. guess i was wrong. wow.

• Locked, this is just going in circles and getting a little personal….

Oh btw:

And how do you know how the story is supposed to read? You don’t buy into any part of the Bible, but you are an expert on it?

I’m actually quite fascinated with the Bible. I’ve read the King James version through a few times, and done a lot of research on the creation and symbolism behind the book. So yes, when it comes to history I’m fairly well versed in the Bible.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m