• Is htere anyway this thread could be moved to the A&A Europe forum?

• Send a message to Yanny, I’m sure he has the powers to do it. 8)

• Emugod, if you are anywhere near Winnipeg, I’ll help you play test it

• I’m just north of Toronto, and that’s quite a long journey for an A&A game.

• @EmuGod:

I’m just north of Toronto, and that’s quite a long journey for an A&A game.

LOL

• Mr. Ghoul, if you have one of the many messengers you could help me design the scenario and play test it and give me the results. I dont even own the game unfortunately. :(

• @EmuGod:

Mr. Ghoul, if you have one of the many messengers you could help me design the scenario and play test it and give me the results. I dont even own the game unfortunately. :(

“Messengers”? not sure what that is.

• umm…nevermind i figured it out.

• I’ve gotten some of the basics of the scenario done. I just need to re-make the map and write down all the rules. Do any of you know what colours can be used for each country? I need 8 altogether.

• Sorry, can’t help you with that. But eight countries!? (Assuming each color represents a different power) Wow, I like to see that.

• The Triple Entente (plus the United States): France, Great Britain, russia, and United States

and the Triple Alliance (plus Turkey): Austria-Hungary, Germany, Italy and the Ottoman Turkish Empire.

I’ve decided to make Italy neutral at first so it can watch the game unfold and decide who to join. That way, it makes the game more interesting. I guess pieces could be borrowed from other Axis and Allies games .like AA and AAP, but I could still use some help figuring these out. I also want to use AA Batteries for poison gas units but the problem is that there arent that many. Any suggestions?

• Should I post the rules and such of the scenario here as I make it or should i wait until I finish it and get someone to test it, wink wink.

• I let IC represent “heavy guns” since if you turn them sideways, their smokestacks look like huge gun barrels

As any special rules for USA getting into the war? If I remember correctly, one of the reasons why USA joined the war was because Wilson wanted to fight for democracy (meaning USSR had to go).

• Yeah, there are but the US also has to join eventually. The US didnt join the wat because the Jews living there were against it because many had fled the Tsar’s opression and didnt want to fight with russia but when the Lusitania sank, that helped ocnvince the US to join. I’ve been researching!

• Also the Czar aristocracy wasn’t exactly pro-democracy (ie leading up to the Lenin Revolution of 1917)

• @TG:

Sorry, can’t help you with that. But eight countries!? (Assuming each color represents a different power) Wow, I like to see that.

Italy and the United States are optional powers. They dont have to be played but make the game better. Since Italy controlled Libya, imagine its importance in joining the war. If it joins the Central Powers, then a hole is created in Allied North Africa and a new threat. If it joins the Allied Powers, then it can be invaluable to knocking out Turkey.

• The only problem is that A&A: Europe’s Africa front is pitful compared to the original A&A map. And from what I heard, the African front was much more hotly contested (and not just parts of North Africa, all of it) in WWI than WWII

BTW: I like you idea of optional countries. Did you work out the rules on how they can become part of the war?

• Mostly. I simply need to finish re-designing the map, I’m mostly dividing large areas and adding territories like East Prussia and I need to write it all down. Then I need some testers. but I do have the rules for Italy and America joining the war ready.

• I see… you’re doing all of this on computer? If so, what program are you using?

• @TG:

I see… you’re doing all of this on computer? If so, what program are you using?

Good old Paint for the map.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m