How can we add simple Vichy rules to Europe and/or Global 1940 2nd Edition?

• I really appreciate all your comments. But does anyone have some ideas such as those I listed? A simple house rule that adds Vichy and a Free France that can build. Also let’s keep other nations out of this please. I want to focus on France. Really glad others are interested in this.  :-D

de Gaulle

• Charles,

As stated in a prior post, a Vichy France rule-set is included the G40 Balance Mod. It’s been played fairly extensively by players in the TripleA gaming lobby and in some league games. Reviews have generally been positive. The rules are detailed below (taken from Game Notes). If you’d like to play a game online sometime to try it out, just lemme know. :)

VICHY FRANCE RULE SET

The following rule-set simulates the circumstances and strategic consequences of the Franco-German Armistice, and is intended for play with the G40 Balance Mod.

Game Conditions for Franco-German Armistice

At the beginning of France’s turn, if the following conditions are met, the Franco-German Armistice will occur:

1. Axis must control both France and Normandy Bordeaux;
    2. France must control Southern France; and
    3. There must be no non-French, Allied units in Southern France.

Game Consequences of Franco-German Armistice

French Territorial Control: At the beginning of France’s first turn in which Armistice conditions are met, all originally French territories not already under Axis control immediately change ownership to Pro-Axis Neutrals, except: (1) French Equatorial Africa; (2) New Hebrides; (2) any French territories containing non-French allied units.

With the exception of Southern France (see discussion of “Zone Libere” below), Vichy French territory works the same way as other Pro-Axis Neutral territory–i.e., an Axis player may capture Vichy French territory and commandeer its forces by moving a land unit into the territory during the non-combat phase of his turn.

Fly-over restrictions applicable to other Neutral territories do not apply to Vichy French territory.

Fleet at Toulon: In addition to the change in French territorial control, the Armistice changes control of the the French fleet in sz 93, from French to Pro-Axis neutral. The Vichy French fleet maintains a strictly defensive posture. It may not be moved. It may not be captured by the Axis. The fleet is immediately destroyed if any power, other than the Free French, occupies Southern France

“Zone Libre”: Any Axis occupation of Southern France following the Armistice results in a disbandment of all Vichy French forces and a scuttling of the Vichy French fleet in sz 93. The “Zone Libre” army and fleet will revert back to Free-French control if either: (1) France is liberated by the Allies; or (2) Free-French land forces enter Southern France during the combat-movement phase of France’s turn.

Armistice’s Effect on National Objectives: Following the armistice, Southern France is considered Axis-controlled for purposes of Italy’s “Roman Empire” objective. Otherwise, the Vichy France arrangement has no impact on National Objectives. Tunisia, Algeria and Morocco must still be directly occupied by Germany or Italy to achieve Italy’s “North Africa” objective. Japanese occupation of French Indo China still negates Japan’s “Trade With America” objective.

Liberation of France: The Allied liberation of France effectively terminates the Armistice. Any territory and forces still under Vichy French control (including any surviving fleet in sz 93) revert back to Free French control.

• Interesting but not exactly my style. :oops: Here is a simple idea I got from OZ’s 2941 and 1942 setups; it us also similar in some ways to the rules you posted regularkid.
    Rules!
    Setup change: only set up French units that are in France Normandy England Ss 72 and SZ 110.
    As soon as all of France(France Normandy Southern France) is conquored, Geramany will immediately gain these: Morocco Algeria French West Africa French Central Africa Syria and Madagascar. Italy will get Tunisia. Whatever Axis powers control the three territories in France retain control of them.
    Free France: Germany (or in some rare cases Italy) will not plunder the French money when Parisfalls. Free France keeps all of it. Free France may purchase any unit type. They can deploy in any territory they own limited to its production value. The one exception is indo China. France may also build one unit per turn in London. Sea units may go outside and Free French territory(they don’t count in production limits). Allies never capture Freñch territories. Instead theygo to France. IfParis is liberated all previous rules are nullified. Btw Free Francecollects for all territories it controls or alliesliberated. They can deploy in newly capped territories.
    Now before you freak out and say that this ruins the balance take a close look. Germany doesn’t get France’s money but will obtain plenty of income from Vichy. Not having to fight all the Mediterranean units will help the Axis a lot but France’s ability to build in London with 19 ipcs at start can hurt. Italy will gets its North African NO easily but the threat of French units from Equatorial Africa building a tank a turn in the beginning is threatening.

• I am trying the rules I posted above and it appears to be balanced. One change I want to make is that you SHOULD place the standard units in southern France to prevent Germany from taking all of France G1

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m