1 on 1 help with play by e-mail

• 2007 AAR League

ok, looks like you guys are ready, im tyed up with the tourney now but post in looking for opponents and you will find a game

• 2007 AAR League

Ok I want to try this but I just have a question is how do you decide the dice rolls

• How do you roll them?  Or how do you assign the casualties?

• 2007 AAR League

What I mean is like do we roll the dice or is there a program used online

There are a couple of different online sites that roll the dice, then email the results.

The most common one around here is the DAAK roller.  The link is in the PBEM tips thread.
    Most of us have registered there as well, and is fairly easy to use.

There is also Flames of Europe.  I should actually post a link to that one too.

Those are probably the most common for revised (at least around here).

Finally there is an “in-house” roller that Djensen installed that we use when DAAK goes down or for small battles b/c it can be a bit tedius to use.

The in-house results would look like this:

DiceRolling 8 6-sided dice:
    3, 2, 2, 4, 1, 5, 1, 1

Look for the thread that says Dice Roller, on what to type to get the results.

Both the “Dice Roller” and “Tips” threads should be in the top five or 6 threads listed in this forum.

• 2007 AAR League

The Dice sim on DAAK you speak of is it BOP Dice Sumulator?

• I would like to play my first game in 7 years.  I did play several PBEM games back then and played tons of FTF games as a teen.  I have the game I purchaced in 1986 which I believe is the second ed. rules.  I have also obtained the maping program AAAmap as well as signed up w/ DAAK.  I would prefer to play the rule set that I know, as well as the map if possible.

Any takers for my mentor?

Thanks,

Scott

I can help you out in 2nd Edition, but probably not until closer to the weekend.  (I’m currently playing 2 Revised games)

Also you’ll see 2nd Edition refered to as “Classic” around here since we have a lot of Revised players.

• cool.  I am a slow paced person as I have 3 kids and a number of other cool hobbies…  Go being the number one hobbie at this time.

Scott

• Just signed up for DAAK, looking for that practice game or whatever

• has this page died becouse
    i am desparatly looking for a mentor
    to get me started
    hope hering from someone

• watchoo want help wid?

send me a private message cos i dun check teh forumz a lot.

hablo pocito espanol.

• after two weeks of looking i finally got started
    maybe with more 1 on 1 help this could go faster
    and  there are almost no spanish or
    spanishspeaking people
    daak has the option to choose 
    between german or English
    hope that the site is working on it

coon

• Looking for someone to help me through my first online game, Im familier with the AA revised (my friend who I used to play with has moved many miles away), I must say Im not on talking terms with the house dice but will make efforts to learn, same with the bid system, apart from that I believe I have a fair grasp of the AA.

English speaking and looking for help, please pm.

• I’m new to the computer but i’ve been playing A&A for a long time ,and I;ve got a couple of questions.  What is a bid the only thing that comes to mind poker. Also the low luck and high luck? Any insight would be appreciated .

• Bid is something down to even out an inbalance in the game. Generally the Axis is considered to be the disadvantaged party. So both sides “bid” to be Germany. Player A “bids” 3 infantry and Player B “bids” four infantry. The player who bids less units or IPCS plays the axis team.

Low luck means that if you have six infantry attacking at one, you get exactly one hit, or three artilleries attacking at two get one hit. Now if you have four infantry and one artillery attacking then you have three shots at one, and two shots at two. Add these all up to get 7. So you get one automatic hit (because you have six) and then you roll the die for that extra one. 7-6 = 1. So you roll one dice at one. So basically whatever all your attack hits add up to divided by six is how many hits you get, the remainder is rolled (so if you had two fours and one two then you would have a total of ten so you get one automatic hit and roll one die at four.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m