• hi i’m new to the forum. got the original game for xmas and have played it about ten times with my bro. Now i trulky suck at this game because wether I’m axis or allies i lose every game. Does anyone have any hints tactics i could employ to overturn my ineptness.

For a beginning Player of any Axis and Allies Game you must remember the following:

1. Purchases mean everything. Whether you are Axis or Allied never buy something that you don’t absolutely need (in terms of your planned strategy). Sometimes this means you are purchasing 8 Infantry for Russia turn after turn. But it doesn’t matter anyways if your dead.

2. Teamwork means second everything. Especially for the Allies. If you aren’t working in coordination with your “Allies” then you will go down the tubes every time because you have no "punch behind that fist.

3. Establish the Battlegrounds to your advantage. Learn to use Deadzones (areas where neither you nor your opponent will enter because it will mean a loss), to your advantage, stopping major offensives may be easier by throwing something 2 spaces away from an opponent instead of at him.

Those are probably the 3 most important things to remember… The rest as far as strategies and “troubleshooting” go to th Axis and Allies Forum

GG

• cheers G.G
      Ive got the hang of buying tonnes of infantry when i play with russia. its just that seems to take forever for the brits and americans to get to their aid. I often build an ind complex either in south africa or india to aid this but it still ends up in bloodshed.

OK try to “give” up the east in your mind… Dealing with IC’s in India Requires American Coordination in the Pacific, and you need to try KGF (Kill Germany First). My suggestion? Russian Build Infantry, Britain builds Transports and Men (if the BB is lost an AC), and the US builds Transports and Men… Start the Shuck-Shuck (US ships Transports and men to Britain while a “return fleet” from Britain picks up the newly purchased units on E. US)… Britain Just builds Units and Transports. US invades Africa and keeps it open for Britain. British Surviving Fighters Fly to Russia to fortify it… Then the UK/US build up for a 1-2 punch on Western Europe…

I am not the best at Axis Strats, so others can give there input there…

GG

• if i attack whit a 5 infantry units and 3 artillery units. Then, all infantry units are supported by artillery?
    The open fire is activate when i pressure?

thast all

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m