German strategy for the world game

• It could be buckle down and wait for the cavalry. I think UK will have enough to wait out the storm. They should be very successful in some area’s, but I would expect their income to drop each round they are alone, and their NO’s hard to get or keep.

• Yep. As Larry said, the British Empire will be holding the line.
    about that battle(which could apply in general to the British) saying that “It would eventually take the industrial might of the United States and the Soviet Union to defeat Germnay. Britain alone could not win the war, but in the Battle of Britain(and elsewhere), she refused to lose it.”

• That’s a hell of a quote, and very fitting.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

Yep. As Larry said, the British Empire will be holding the line.
    about that battle(which could apply in general to the British) saying that “It would eventually take the industrial might of the United States and the Soviet Union to defeat Germnay. Britain alone could not win the war, but in the Battle of Britain(and elsewhere), she refused to lose it.”

So I guess for Germany you don`t want to provoke early war with the US and Russia. Interesting.

• Just pile on the UK. Take Africa. And then its just the big 4. Germany, Japan, Russia, and America

• If Italy gets control of Africa, your talking the big 5, Looks like there’s a lot more ipc down there.

• @WILD:

If Italy gets control of Africa, your talking the big 5, Looks like there’s a lot more ipc down there.

yeah thats another thing Italy if they do what they can, will be very powerful. Like could of they ever became that strong in the real war?

• @Dylan:

@WILD:

If Italy gets control of Africa, your talking the big 5, Looks like there’s a lot more ipc down there.

yeah thats another thing Italy if they do what they can, will be very powerful. Like could of they ever became that strong in the real war?

Italy should not be able to take control of Africa without German help. That’s the way I see it.

But seeing as how they made Japan way too powerful in P40, I guess maybe they did the same to Italy.

• @Raeder:

@Dylan:

@WILD:

Italy should not be able to take control of Africa without German help. That’s the way I see it.

But seeing as how they made Japan way too powerful in P40, I guess maybe they did the same to Italy.

The only help Germany can give in the 1st few turns is air force, since there are no German units in africa or the Med

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@Raeder:

@Dylan:

@WILD:

The only help Germany can give in the 1st few turns is air force, since there are no German units in africa or the Med

So then build a navy to send down there  :lol:

• @Dylan:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@Raeder:

@Dylan:

@WILD:

The only Sz that Germany can build in is the Baltic. This navy can’t get into the Med for a few reasons
    1. Gibraltar closes the strait, preventing ships from access
    2. The navy would have to get there by moving to a zone 1 space away from the UK, allowing its navy and air force to attack it

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@Dylan:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@Raeder:

@Dylan:

@WILD:

The only Sz that Germany can build in is the Baltic. This navy can’t get into the Med for a few reasons
    1. Gibraltar closes the strait, preventing ships from access
    2. The navy would have to get there by moving to a zone 1 space away from the UK, allowing its navy and air force to attack it

They are rich they can make a very strong navy, it can pass the Baltic past the English channel, past the Sea of Spain, into the Med. Just watch out you might need to ask Italy for some protection in Berlin, but they can be fine.

• Yes, they can, but then Russia will easily destroy them with its massive army.
    As long as the UK controls Gibraltar, Axis surface ships can’t go into or out of the Med that way(or any other way since the UK controls the Suez Canal)

• @calvinhobbesliker:

Yes, they can, but then Russia will easily destroy them with its massive army.
    As long as the UK controls Gibraltar, Axis surface ships can’t go into or out of the Med that way(or any other way since the UK controls the Suez Canal)

Don’t forge the possibility of a Russian ship or two in the Black Sea.  If Russia has a factory in the caucuses and they are still enjoying neutrality, it might be an interesting strategy to try to add to the Russian navy (probably stupid).

However, a smarter move might be to position the Russian ships between Axis forces and the British ships to tempt the Axis into breaking neutrality.

• I’m curious, why can’t Axis naval units move through the sea zone bordering Gibraltar?

• Brett
    Unfortunately, Russian ships can’t exit the Black sea because Turkey is neutral and thus the Dardennelles are close. Besides, since the Germans and Soviets are neutral, the Italian or German ships can go through the Russian ones.

UN Spacey
    It’s a rule. Control of Gibraltar closes the strait

• @calvinhobbesliker:

Brett
    Unfortunately, Russian ships can’t exit the Black sea because Turkey is neutral and thus the Dardennelles are close. Besides, since the Germans and Soviets are neutral, the Italian or German ships can go through the Russian ones.

UN Spacey

OK, I’m still a little confused on some of the rules.  I only own AA Revised so I haven’t dealt with neutral countries yet.  I plan on buying AAE and AAP at the same time but don’t care to play AAP by itself.
       So how does a neutral US work, Japan can pass through their ships in the Pacific too?  I thouhgt you wouldn’t be able to pass through a neutral countries’ forces??  So you can pass through their SZ, but not their territories? Also, are you sure you can’t pass through the Dardenlles if Turkey is neutral?  Why couldn’t everyone just pass through there.

• @brettstarr4:

@calvinhobbesliker:

Brett

UN Spacey

OK, I’m still a little confused on some of the rules.  I only on AA Revised so I haven’t dealt with neutral countries yet.  I plan on buying AAE and AAP at the same time but don’t care to play AAP by itself.
        So how does a neutral US work, Japan can pass through their ships in the Pacific too?  I thouhgt you wouldn’t be able to pass through a neutral countries’ forces??  So you can pass through their SZ, but not their territories? Also, are you sure you can’t pass through the Dardenlles if Turkey is neutral?  Why couldn’t everyone just pass through there.

Yeah, you can pass through a neutral’s ships. Turkey historically closed the straits to both sides

• What is the order of turns in AAG?

• Per LH 1//11/10

And the turn sequence for the Global game (combined AAP40 and AAE40) is:
    1. Germany
    2. Soviet Union
    3. Japan
    4. United Kingdom
    5. ANZAC
    6. Italy
    7. United States
    8. China
    and 9. France.