• I would like to present a modified version of the Axis & Allies Europe. I have tried to take the best of Europe and combine it with Axis & Allies Europe 1941 (e.g. adding cruisers, tactical bombers, etc.) as well as add various rules like rail movement and possible alternative scenarios (e.g. Turkey joins the Axis). I have attached a map and would love some feedback if possible.

ThanksA&A Europe 1941 Draft A.png

• PantherP Panther moved this topic from Axis & Allies Europe on

• Great looking map! But, here’s some feedback:

This is a problem that is in every mainline a&a europe map has: America has not enough territories. The AMOUNT of America on the map is perfect, but there is only two territories on the mainland. You could divide those into:

• Washington D.C. (Stays the Same)
    • New England (8 IPCS)
    • Mid-Atlantic (14 IPCS)
    • Great Plains (8 IPCS)
    • Southern States (10 IPCS)
    • West Indies become 2 IPCS

Another thing is that the United Kingdom should have more IPCS than Soviet Union, because unless Soviet Union starts with barely any units at all, it will be pretty unfair for the Axis. (And even then, UK and SU should have about the same)

Next is Italy. I see you gave them Vichy France, and while they were technically a German Puppet state, I’ll allow this. But make sure they have Yugoslavia and Greece, as they did have them at the time.

Others include:

• Areas like Aragon are still unnamed and unlabeled
    • Area size is pretty unbalanced, even right next to eachother (Take Upper and Lower Egypt for Example.)
    • At many points, it’s hard to see who owns what (e.g. compare U.S. to Great Britain. You’re probably going to add roundels to help, but still.)
    • Great Britain looks unusable
    • Territory Suggestion: Bermuda/Azores. This would add other routes to North America/Europe.

Good, but flawed map in these areas.

Also, what does the battle board look like for all of these new units, I’m curious?

• @CentralCommando

Thanks for your excellent feedback, Great Britain is a continuing challenge for me. The idea was having a city to be a location where only major industrial complexes could be constructed due to the regions highly developed infrastructure, but problems developed such as sea unit placement.

I see your point about the Soviet Union, although they did produce massive amounts of small arms, artillery, tanks, aircraft, etc. so the increase in IPCs plus the United Kingdom was fighting also in the Pacific, thus their IPCs spreading somewhat thin.

Yeah, America does look “weird”

A lot to think about

• @HansMohr68 Well, let me know when you do more progress on it. (Map Fixes, Battle Board, etc.)

• @CentralCommando

Happy Easter - revised the Europe Map - better? meh?

Take care,

HansA&A Europe 1941 Draft B.png

• @HansMohr68 I would probably replace Taranto with Athens (and maybe make cities slightly bigger, they look sort of hard to fit pieces in it.), but besides that? Great job! I’m excited for future updates, like the final map, and especially the battle board.

• @HansMohr68 Also happy Easter!

• @CentralCommando

Thanks man…I agree with you on the size of the cites. Great point.

Curious though, why Athens and not Taranto? More of a significant Axis port throughout the war?

Thanks again,

Hans

• @HansMohr68 Maybe it can stay, but I said that due to Athens being very historically significant, and the fact that it acts as a nod to the Kingdom of Greece that just fell. It also adds more incentive for the British to cross the Mediterranean, at least for me.

• First of all, I really appreciate your honest commentary on my maps CenralCommando. The European variant is essentially done, with expansion of some of the “neutrals” for conjectural involvement in the war if certain situations arise. Personally, this map, and my Pacific variant (teaser) were just for myself and my sons to play, but I did enjoy updating them with your excellent input.

Take care,

John

A&A Europe 1941 Draft.png

• @HansMohr68 Glad I could help, i assume all that’s left is the battle board (I’m still curious how units like marine infantry work.) But, this game looks like it will be fun to play between your sons. (and other people too.)

Also, I’m sure that Pacific will be good too, judging by your skills.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m