• So… Moscow has fallen to Germany. The axis player shot a bullet through my lines with 18 tanks and shredded my defenses. Now there is all these tanks in Moscow and scattered troops around Russia. The axis player lost Africa so I’ve been trying to get troops to go to Russia. How do I take back Moscow or devastate Germany?

• Moscow should fall in almost every game. Fall back to a defensive position in the Middle East. The further north, the better as those territories create so much Axis Revenue. Crank out British troops from Egypt and a Persia factory to bring to the frontlines and reinforce with USA planes. You will eventually get overwhelmed so don’t expect this is a permanent solution.

You have to open a second front in Western Europe to decrease Axis income and distract forces from heading towards the Middle East. Options include Normandy, Norway, Italy, and Greece. Get a foothold and expand it. Build a factory there. Threaten amphibious attacks to Germany so he has to keep large amounts of forces tied up in his Capitol, reducing pressure on your main base.

• @Arthur-Bomber-Harris is correct.

I would like to add that, depending on British income, a minor industrial complex in Iraq might be preferable either in addition to the two complexes already mentioned or in place of Egypt to be closer to the frontline, in the event the British don’t need to place units in the Mediterranean if the Allies open a second front in the Mediterranean.

• '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

I mainly agree with @Arthur-Bomber-Harris, but my suggestion would be that before you build a Middle East factory that you bring the South Africa factory fully online. That factory can produced mechanized infantry, fighters, and infantry (with transports to move them) that call all assist in the Middle East. If your sole sources of defensive units for the Middle East are Egypt and a Middle East factory, your output will be overwhelmed more quickly than if you also utilize a South Africa factory. The reason I would use the South Africa factory first is because it takes longer for units to reach the battlefront.

Your local Middle East factories can produce critical but slow-moving infantry units, while your Egypt and South Africa factories can produce fast movers that can reach the Middle East more quickly than infantry.

Once the Middle East falls (and it will unless the UK and US are able to pressure Europe heavily), that South Africa factory makes Egypt viable for longer as well. Troops in the pipeline from South Africa to the Middle East naturally move through Egypt.

Marsh

• @MarshmallowofWar

Agreed. I usually buy infantry and artillery for Egypt and the Middle East, and mechanized forces in South Africa.

Plus, in the short term (important in this critical point in the game), more IPCs can be spent on units than industrial complexes, which are more of a long term investment.

• You tie up more working capitol of fast movers trying to shuttle from South Africa towards the front lines than it would have cost to build a factory or two right near the battle lines in the Middle East.

You can accelerate movement with a couple transports and a naval base, but again this is expensive. Also vulnerable to German or Japanese bombers.

The only reason not to have Middle East allied factories is if you have to fall all them way back to Egypt but still have a chance to stay competitive with a strong Western European foothold, such as liberating Paris or Rome.

• @Arthur-Bomber-Harris

I’ll try that some time.

• @Arthur-Bomber-Harris said in Moscow has fallen, how do I recover?:

You tie up more working capitol of fast movers trying to shuttle from South Africa towards the front lines than it would have cost to build a factory or two right near the battle lines in the Middle East.

You can accelerate movement with a couple transports and a naval base, but again this is expensive. Also vulnerable to German or Japanese bombers.

The only reason not to have Middle East allied factories is if you have to fall all them way back to Egypt but still have a chance to stay competitive with a strong Western European foothold, such as liberating Paris or Rome.

Well depends what you do with the egypt transport you start with. If you just add 1 additional transport you already got your supply chain there for 2/3th of a factory.

But yea your right that they are verry volnerable to air attacks but can be usefull in mopping up italian forces in your rear areas.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m