Napoleonic Empires: Free For All

• Customizer

The empires of Europe are at war.

The upstart French republic has followed in the footsteps of their American compatriots across the sea
    and cast off the trappings of monarchy.
    Can this new light in europe survive against a host of squabbling adversaries?
    Or will it fall victim to its own aspirations for empire…
    Will the russians be forced to sing La Marseillaise?
    Will the English see the Guillotine raised in Piccadilly?
    Or will the rule of the monarchs be insured by the restoration of Louis XVIII to the Parisian throne?

Powers of the years 1800-1840 (in turn order):

France  - (Cow)  -

UK  - (Veqryn)  -

Spain  - (Funcioneta)  -

Prussia  - (Gargantua)  -

Sweden  - (Seth The Newb)  -

Austria  - (Canuck)  -

Ottoman Empire  - (Noll)  -

Russia  - (Ol’ Blood & Guts)  -

(light blue = neutrals that can be invaded at no cost)

This is Play-By-Forum, so make sure when you download the savegames, that when you load it, you click: Play By Forum.  (do not click “start local game”)

How To WIN:
    To win, you must claim a certain number of “Victory Cities” (marked in orange on the map).  Each nation has a different number required:
    France      7
    U.K.          6
    Spain        5
    Prussia      5
    Sweden      5
    Austria      5
    Ottoman    5
    Russia        5

Free For All = No-one has any permanent alliances.  You may change your alliances as the game goes on.

• Only 1 person can win, so conduct your diplomacy accordingly.  If you do get backstabbed, try to be a good sport, and do not take it personally, everyone should backstab and be backstabbed eventually.

• No giving your capitol to a player. If your capital gets taken, and you have no chance to take it back for good, then you have have lost the game.  Command your armies until they are no more, or ask to be replaced by an AI.

• Have fun! Do Not be a bad sport! Suiciding yourself IS being a bad sport.

Map Rules and General Info and Help:

If you are having trouble seeing who owns what territory, then you should change your “Map Skin”.
    First, load up triplea and load the savegame or start Napoleonic.
    Now go to the top of the screen, click the “VIEW” menu.
    Then go to “MAP SKINS”, and select “POLITICAL MAP SKIN

National Objectives:
    Every nation on the map has only 1 national objective, and it is the same for all nations:
    +6 PUs per turn that you attack and destroy as least 6 PUs worth of enemy units.
    This represents the morale boost your nation receives for victories on the battlefield, however small (just 6 TUV is enough).
    As light blue Neutral Nations are not aggressors in this conflict, they are not counted towards destroyed enemy TUV, which means you must attack actual players to get this bonus.
    (Both ships and land units count, and you are not required to win the battle)

CANALS:
    Oresund        (Holstein,Sjaelland)  (SZ10,SZ11)
    Kerch Straight        (Crimea,Astrakahn)  (SZ97,SZ101)
    Strait of Messina        (Sicily,Calabria)  (SZ70,SZ71)
    Neva River        (Karelia,Ingria)  (SZ2,SZ3)  (Russia can build navy in the lake)
    Bosphorus        (Constantinople,Kiutayeh)  (SZ84,SZ92)  (connects Turkey, Balkans by land)

UNITS and RULES:
    Battleships DO NOT REPAIR at end of turn.
    The number of Bombardments allowed is restricted to the number of units making an amphibious assault, however bombardments still kill units without the unit getting to return fire.
    If you make an amphibious assault, noone can retreat (not even the non-amphibious guys).
    Encampments are permanent, and can be captured.
    Generals can move and raise troops in the territory they occupy, IF you owned that territory at the beginning of your turn.
    Generals, Encampments, and Capitals are Factories, meaning they follow all normal factory rules.  They can be purchased and placed anywhere you owned at beginning of turn, they can produce anywhere you owned at beginning of turn, and they can be captured
    Barques (green transports) are not able to capture convoy zones.
    Capturing a Convoy Zone denies the enemy their income, but does not provide you with any income, and can only be done during your Combat Move.
    Corvettes are treated as submarines from the original Axis & Allies Classic. Corvettes can retreat separately from the main force during offense, and can retreat when on the defense to any adjacent friendly/empty sea zone.  They do not submerge, they actually move to an adjacent friendly or empty sea zone.

TREATIES:
    There are 4 “Political States” that you can be in with a player: War, Ceasefire, Open-Borders, and Alliance.
    War is self explanatory.
    Ceasefire is just like being “neutral” in Global1940.  It means you can not enter that player’s land territories.  You can still have ships in the same sea zone though.  Otherwise, you are completely ignored by the other player.
    Open-Borders means you can enter that player’s land territories.  You are otherwise completely ignored by that player.  If an enemy of that player, who is neutral/ceasefire/allied to you, attacks that player on their territory, your units will be ignored.  If an enemy of that player, is also an enemy of you, attacks that player on their territory, your units will participate. 
    Allied is also self explanatory.  Allied also means you give back any original territories you have conquered from this player (if you were previously at war, or if you conquered it from a 3rd nation, etc). 
    If you are allied/open-borders with someone, then they switch to ceasefire, any units you have in their territories may move out of their territories IF they are touching a territory that they can move into (ie: border territories).  If they are in a territory that is surrounded by territories you can not move to, then they are stuck there until either you declare war, or you go back to open-borders/alliance.

What is to stop someone from becoming Allied one turn, then declaring War the next turn?  Let me address this:
    When you declare a “political state” with someone, it lasts for a certain number of turns.  The formula is very simple.

When you declare “War” on someone (doesn’t matter what state you were previously), then you are stuck in a State of War for 2 full rounds (this current round, plus the whole next round).  After 2 rounds, you remain in a State of War but are given the option to change it to “Ceasefire”.

When you declare “Ceasefire” with someone (doesn’t matter what state you were previously), then you are stuck in a State of Ceasefire for 1 full round (the current round).  You will remain in a State of Ceasefire after this round, but are given the option to change it to either: “War” or “Open-Borders”.

When you declare “Open-Borders” with someone (doesn’t matter what state you were previously), then you are stuck in State of Open-Borders for 1 full round (the current round).  You will remain in a State of Open-Borders after this round, but are given the option to change it to either: “Ceasefire” or “Open-Borders”.  Additionally, after 2 full rounds, you will be given the option to change it directly to “War”.

When you declare “Allied” with someone (doesn’t matter what state you were previously), then you are stuck in State of Alliance for 1 full round (the current round).  You will remain in a State of Alliance after this round, but are given the option to change it to “Open-Borders”.  Additionally, after 2 full rounds, you will be given the option to change it directly to “Ceasefire”

Essentially, the formula is that you must wait 1 round to go “up” the ladder one at a time, from War -> Ceasefire -> Open-Borders -> Alliance.  You must also wait 1 round to go down the ladder one at a time.  But if you wait 2 rounds, you can go down two spaces (openborders -> war, or alliance -> ceasefire).  Declaring War forces you to wait 2 rounds to do anything.

Alliances and War do not chain together.  Meaning, Player A can be allied to Player B, and Player B can be allied to Player C, and Player A can be at War with Player C.

Allies do not automatically help defend.  You must both be at war with the attacking player, in order to defend together.  The attacking player attacks all units that are at war with him.

Unit List:
    attack / defense / movement / cost  ….  special
    1 / 2 / 1 / 4  Fusiliers . Supportable, TransportCost: 2
    1 / 3 / 1 / 5  Chasseurs . Supportable, TransportCost: 2
    3 / 2 / 1 / 6  Grenadiers . Supportable, TransportCost: 2
    2 / 2 / 1 / 6  Marines . Amphibious Assault +1 Attack, TransportCost: 1 (can fit on any boat except Cutter)
    1 / 1 / 1 / 4  Howitzer . Gives Support (+1 attack), TransportCost: 2
    2 / 1 / 1 / 5  Artillery . Gives Support (+1 attack), TransportCost: 2
    1 / 1 / 2 / 5  Horse Artillery . Blitz, Gives Support (+1 attack), TransportCost: 3
    1 / 1 / 2 / 4  Hussars . Blitz, TransportCost: 3
    2 / 2 / 2 / 6  Dragoons . Blitz, Supportable, TransportCost: 3
    3 / 2 / 2 / 7  Cuirassiers . Blitz, Supportable, TransportCost: 3
    0 / 1 / 2 / 8  Barque . Transport Capacity: 3
    1 / 1 / 2 / 6  Cutter . Gives Support (+1 attack)
    1 / 2 / 2 / 8  Brigantine . Supportable, Transport Capacity: 1
    2 / 1 / 2 / 9  Corvette . First Strike, Can Retreat (Is Sub), Transport Capacity: 1
    3 / 2 / 2 / 12  Frigate . Supportable, Bombard, Transport Capacity: 1
    4 / 4 / 2 / 21  Battleship . 2 Hit Points (doesn’t repair), Supportable, Bombard, Transport Capacity: 1
    0 / 0 / 0 / 11  Encampment . Can Produce Units, Can be Captured
    0 / 0 / 1 / 15  General . Can Produce Units on Territory you owned at beginning of turn, Can be Captured, Can be Transported, TransportCost: 3

Special/Extra Units:
    0 / 2 / 0 / 3  Mortella Tower
    0 / 4 / 0 / 6  Fortress
    5 / 0 / 1 / 7  Mortars . Gives Support (+1 attack)
    4 / 3 / 2 / 9  Marshal . Blitz, Supportable, TransportCost: 2
    4 / 3 / 3 / 9  Ney/Wellington/Blucher/Charles/Kutusov . Blitz, Supportable, TransportCost: 2
    Fortresses and Towers are normal units, and as such they must be placed with a factory of some kind (a general, encampment, or capital) (if they are producable [turn on “triggers” to allow them])

Let the game begin….

NE_beginning_politics.png

• Customizer

Sorry I recreated the thread everyone.  Cow’s game did not start with the correct options, and it also did not start with a dice server, or the emails for the dice server, or as a PBEM/PBF game, which it needed to start as for this to work.

So, here is the starting savegame.

France takes no political actions.

UK offers Prussia an Open-Borders agreement, which Prussia accepts.

It is now Spain’s turn.  Func, please download and do any political actions.  If you don’t want to do any politics this round, then let us know and it will move on to Prussia’s turn.

When everyone is done with Politics (russia does politics last), then it will be Cow’s first turn for “normal” play.

Cow, please load the game as a “PBF” game (do not load it as a local game).  Then you can use edit mode to recreate your original turn so that it looks like your original savegame.

Enjoy!

• veq

Napoleonic_27181_Round1_Politics_spain.tsvg

• Well, any others can use dice servers, but I guess that I could use forum dices in my turn (I’m more used to them)

My mail just in case is needed is dapemu@hotmail.com

• @Veqryn:

It is now Spain’s turn.  Func, please download and do any political actions.  If you don’t want to do any politics this round, then let us know and it will move on to Prussia’s turn.

No politics this turn for Spain. The “Prince of Peace” (Godoy) will continue the struggle to free Spanish homelands from the british invaders!

• OK, I think that I can work with diceserver after all. I checked the savegame and PBEM options, and I think that now I understand how it works. However, I cannot start the saved game. Seems it asks for a password or something. Should I add my mail address or is something more that I missed?

• TripleA

Thing is I originally did hit PBEM… :() garg got an email from dice servers my results. :()

In any case, thank you for pointing out that I have fleet by egypt. I will use them and that will be the only difference.

• TripleA

OH functionetta the login/password is for posting to the forum (you put user and your password so the program logs into this website and posts).

• TripleA

so waiting for ottomon/russia now. since spain has no actions.

HMMM open border with uk and prussia, not sure what to think of this.

• TripleA

Also do you want me to redo my turn or edit the results I got… I imagine you like the results since my fleet got sunk… I’d probably do something more conservative now that I know one of my pieces is a battleship, didn’t realize there was a naval unit that could tilt.

do battleships repair at end of turn or at the start of my next turn or do they have to go to a base?

• The Ottomans propose a Ceasefire to the Russians

• It’s drill weekend for me, time to play Army.

• @Noll:

The Ottomans propose a Ceasefire to the Russians

The Russians accept the ceasefire with the Ottoman Empire

• Do we each need to download the map and perform our political actions or can we post on here and have  France enter all the actions?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Ok, I’ve done ALL of the Politics up to SWEDEN’S turn.

So Sweden, download this and proceed.

Napoleonic_27181_Round1_Politics_swedens.tsvg

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

OK, I think that I can work with diceserver after all. I checked the savegame and PBEM options, and I think that now I understand how it works. However, I cannot start the saved game. Seems it asks for a password or something. Should I add my mail address or is something more that I missed?

That username password info, is your FORUM account info.  It’s so that tripleA can post your turn to the forum automatically.

• TripleA

some interesting political developments are occurring, none of this chill wait a round before I decide to make political moves, STRAIT TO THE POINT ! :D

• Customizer

@Gargantua:

Ok, I’ve done ALL of the Politics up to SWEDEN’S turn.

So Sweden, download this and proceed.

From the other thread:
    @seththenewb:

No changes at this time, I don’t want to make any enemies before I see where the wind is blowing.  :-D

Seth is Sweden.

Then after that we have Austria, which is Canuck.

Canuck, please download and do your politics.
    I think, if you want your northwestern europe units to live against the french hordes, you had better offer me an open-borders agreement, that way you can move them out of the way of the french.
    If you do, I accept.

After Canuck is Ottomans (Noll), who is to offer Russians a Ceasefire, which the Russians accept.

Anything else from Ottomans and Russians?

So… waiting on Canuck to download…

• No more political actions from the Ottomans

• Jump got canceled for tonight because it was ‘too windy’ . . . but I think the pilots just wanted to go watch that new avengers movie. I’ll be at the range tomorrow and Sunday qualifying and all that stuff. I stand by my no political actions.

• I will be gone to a friend’s weeding in 3 days, I hope we can get at least round1 before that so you won’t have to wait for me for round2.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m