• T_6,
    I think he was referring to the '20s and '30s of one or a few European countries.

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection,
    which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest;
    and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius
    –---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nobody knows history because history does not really
    exist except in the leaky jar of our heads. - Xi

• Its a good move on J3 for me usally. Forces Russia to spread it’s Yakut stack out to two territories, or just defend one and hope for the best.

Usually on J3, I will have the Russian stack beaten or forced to retreat from Yakut. There are so many options other than Mongolia, esp after taking Sinkiang J2.

• I try to go after India first. I figure I can remove any threats there first and have my southern flank secure.

• Usually I see UK forces in India evacuated to Africa on UK1, so this isn’t so much of a problem. However, if the UK’s have kept their forces there (or worse, reinforced it), then, yes, I would go after my Southern Front first.

• I do the same thing usually. But a lot of British players try to take a stand in India. Also the Japaneese forces down there can be sent to Africa to help out later in the game.

• I’ve never truly seen a British player take a stand in India, atleast not alone. That’s why I always like to take the British prize and CHina on J1 along with SFE or Hawaii, depending on Russia’s moves.

• Taking it on J1 if the British are making a stand is pretty hard. J2 or J3 is a good time to hit a British IC.

Usually, a build will be put IC there first turn, along with a US one in Sinkang. Both crank out tanks every turn, and attack with everything they got to try to delay Japan for around 6-7 turns. It works, buys russia some time, but once they are captured, you have 2 ICs in Russia’s backdoor for free.

• I never do it - there’s no point, at least for my Japan strategy. The only advantage Mongolia has over Yakut is that it’s connected to Sinkang, but you can get your troops to Sink one turn faster going through Burma. I can see the advantage Yanny gets out of threatening Yakut and Novo at the same time, but if I’m stuck at Yakut I threaten Novo with troops in Sinkang instead - they are going that direction anyway… ;)

The point being if you are sending troops [Manchuria -> Yakut] and [Burma -> Sinkang] there is no reason to move into Mongolia.

• However, you could Split your forces, put half in Manchuria and half in Mongolia. Make sure they are combined enough to take out Russia in Yakut, and alone able to withstand an attack. Force the Russian player to Retreat his Yakut stack, and split it up to hold more territory.

• The point being if you are sending troops [Manchuria -> Yakut] and [Burma -> Sinkang] there is no reason to move into Mongolia.

Perfectly said.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m