• “History of War” 
    Has anyone played this new game yet.?  It’s a German made card game.  Currently has four card sets printed in English.  I haven’t played any strictly card based WWII games that I thought were very good.  But this looks like it is really well done.  Great  photos on the cards!  Take a look.  Here’s a link to the English version of their site.

http://home.historyofwar.de/index.php?module=ContentExpress&file=index&func=display&ceid=8&meid=15

• Thread resurrection!

Yea, I played it a few times (in German), and it’s definitely worth a try. Quite intuitive gameplay, and the fact that it has no “trading card” aspect makes it twice as good!

• I’ve always found the history of the War card game quite interesting, especially when you compare it to Solitaire. War is one of those classic card games that is so simple yet engaging, much like Solitaire. Both games have been around for ages and have a sort of timeless appeal. War is thought to date back to at least the 19th century, and it is often one of the first card games kids learn because of its simplicity. Solitaire, on the other hand, has a rich history that goes back even further, with origins in Europe in the late 18th century. What I find fascinating about War is that it relies heavily on luck, while solitaire requires a bit more strategy and patience. This makes each game unique in its way. War is straightforward and fast-paced, which is great for quick, casual play. Solitaire can be more relaxing and requires a bit more thought, which can be very satisfying when you finally win. Both games have their charm and offer different kinds of enjoyment. War might not have the depth of solitaire, but it has its own appeal in its simplicity and the way it can quickly decide a winner. I think both games have survived for so long because they are easy to learn and play, making them accessible to everyone, regardless of age or skill level.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m