• I made 6 of these, totally from scratch. Legs are balsa wood with brass rods, barrel is brass and aluminum, and the shiled is paper with brass rienforcement. The paper is saturated with super glue after assembly, making it rock hard. The gun rotates and elevates. It is made to a scale about the same as AAM version 1.0, but slightly larger, so that it will also work with AAM version 2.0.
      I could not use my normal red background, since they rotate and elevate very freely, they were very hard to get a good angle on my flatbed scanner. I had to prop them up by hand, and leave the cover open, and turn off the lights before I could scan them.
      Each one of these contains approx 75 hand-made parts. Each tint piece of brass is sanded, then cut, then ground flat on the ends. Each piece of paper is super-glue saturated. Each piece of balsa is primed and wet-sanded.
      2 of these are sold, 2 are for me, and 2 are only awaiting paint, so whoever buys them can request any color. I myself, think they look best in plain panzer grey. They are one nasty hunk of steel, and plain panzer grey gives the look of pure, cold, evil, steel.
    –----------
    Much more potent than the 88mm flak gun, this is the pak 43. The same gun as mounted on the King Tiger, Nashorn, Jagd Panther, and Elephant.
    Originally intended to be on a crucible mount, like the flak, it also appeared on the older 2-wheel split carriage (like the ones I made and posted awhile back) due to lack of sufficient crucible mounts. The 2-wheel versions were very clumbsy, and never intended to withstand the backlash from this potent gun. On the crucible mount, this was the most effective and most potent anti-tank gun (produced in substantial quantities) in the German arsenal. It was a smaller target than the 88 flak, could fire almost as fast. Its shield is similar to the flak, but a bit smaller, and more sloped. It could spin on a dime, and take out any known allied tank currently in use, at almost any range. It could elevate very high, but rarely needed to, as it could reach very far with a flat trajectory. Had the Germans made more of these, they would have had a greater reputation than the 88 flak by far. Most allies never saw one of these, and they are lucky for that.

• That is excellent work, what do u do with the pieces you make?

• Most of it I sell, but I keep a little for myself.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m