• Ok, Germany takes Karelia. I know that German output of units for the captured IC is capped at 3 (IPC value of Karelia). If Russia takes it back, does it permanently stay at 3 units, or can Russia still build unlimited units there because it was an orig Russia IC at the beginning of the game?

Would be the same question for any orig IC or Capital IC, once captured, then liberated back to original owner. Does the IC have unlimited production, or is it capped at IPC value of territory because it traded hands?

Sorry if this was covered in the rules or support docs.

One other quick map question:
    Does the Union of South Africa touch 3 sz’s? I’m talking about the small section on the west side of S Africa that appears to be adjacent to a third sz. So does the sz between Madagascar and Kenya/Rhod also connect to S Africa.

• Official Q&A

@WILD-BILL said in Couple rules/map question:

Ok, Germany takes Karelia. I know that German output of units for the captured IC is capped at 3 (IPC value of Karelia). If Russia takes it back, does it permanently stay at 3 units, or can Russia still build unlimited units there because it was an orig Russia IC at the beginning of the game?

Would be the same question for any orig IC or Capital IC, once captured, then liberated back to original owner. Does the IC have unlimited production, or is it capped at IPC value of territory because it traded hands?

Sorry if this was covered in the rules or support docs.

ICs always have full production capacity for their original controllers.

One other quick map question:
    Does the Union of South Africa touch 3 sz’s? I’m talking about the small section on the west side of S Africa that appears to be adjacent to a third sz. So does the sz between Madagascar and Kenya/Rhod also connect to S Africa.

No. Yes.

• @Krieghund thanks

• So does the sz between Madagascar and Kenya/Rhod also connect to S Africa.

No.

@Krieghund I don’t think this is correct and feel I need to ask if you are sure of this answer. This is a bit of a shock since I don’t see anything in the rules, the rules clarification or the FAQ about it. If there was a mistake in drawing the map, I feel we would see it addressed in one of these documents. As always, I defer/conform to your expertise but I have to ask for a reference or clarification on this answer. Photo below for reference. You’re saying the highlighted area below does NOT boarder the sea zone? @kwaspek104 @WILD-BILL

africa.jpg

• On Triple A it does border, for what it’s worth.

• @The_Good_Captain Now that’s odd. When I answered this, I was looking at the illustration of the map in the Rulebook, not at the map itself. In that illustration, the border between those sea zones meets at the border between Union of South Africa and Mozambique. However, as we can see, on the map itself, it doesn’t. Interesting. In any case, you’re right, the answer should have been “yes”.

• @Krieghund said in Couple rules/map question:

@The_Good_Captain Now that’s odd. When I answered this, I was looking at the illustration of the map in the Rulebook, not at the map itself. In that illustration, the border between those sea zones meets at the border between Union of South Africa and Mozambique. However, as we can see, on the map itself, it doesn’t. Interesting. In any case, you’re right, the answer should have been “yes”.

I never noticed that photo in the rulebook on page 8. Thanks for clarifying that and as always, your service to the hobby is much appreciated.

• @The_Good_Captain
    Thanks Cap

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m