• Seeing as I am Canadian and how even more importantly we had quite the impact on WW2 It would be nice to finally see our efforts recognized. That being said my only wory is that it would have to be done really well so as to not water down the U.K. player too much!

• '10

Per Larry Harris

ANZAC gets there own Income, why not Canada? Canada… Oh Canada… All the Canadian Provinces are represented . It has its own national control markers. Totally controlled by the British player, however. ANZAC forcers, in AAP40 have a different status due to its relative power and influence in the region. Canada would probably prove to be too small a power and there really is no need to have another Allied player represented in the Europe game

• Well, we’ll see what happens, but I still think the UK split income being Canada/UK makes the most Larry-Harris-sense, and since Canada would be completely controlled by the British player it doesn’t contradict what he says there.

• @johnnymarr:

Per Larry Harris

ANZAC gets there own Income, why not Canada? Canada… Oh Canada… All the Canadian Provinces are represented . It has its own national control markers. Totally controlled by the British player, however. ANZAC forcers, in AAP40 have a different status due to its relative power and influence in the region. Canada would probably prove to be too small a power and there really is no need to have another Allied player represented in the Europe game

Well there you have it. For better or worse, it ain’t gonna happen.

• I think they may get a national advantge for their skating prowess. Quasi-mechanized
    infantry in all territories north of the Arctic circle.

• Canadian skating infantry :
    3ipc
    1/2/1

Has 2 movement during uneven turn :) (snow!)

• hahaha very funny i think it would be:
    canadian hockey players

cost 3 ipcs
    1/2/2
    1abilitys skating every seconded turn they move to (ice)
    2auto win when ever canadian hockey players attack axis infantry they chalange them to a hockey match and win :wink: so the axis inf are destroyed.

• @Omega:

Canadian skating infantry :
    3ipc
    1/2/1

What happens when they go on the power play?

• @Brain:

@Omega:

Canadian skating infantry :
    3ipc
    1/2/1

What happens when they go on the power play?

We beat the Americans for Gold!  As the Canadian troops in Afghanistan put it: “Brothers in arms, but not on the ice!”

• Customizer

Hockey inf can get an assist from tanks for a hat trick.

• @allworkandnoclay:

As long as we’re on sports, here’s a list:

• Canada gets Hockey: Goalie Inf get an attack of 2 when a combat movement involves an area Canada lost during the last full game phase.

• America gets Football: Linebacker Inf can declare two combat movements in one turn (both attacks must be declared before first combat is resolved, only survivors continue through to next one).

• Japan gets Judo: Judoka Inf get +1 attack if opposing force is composed of only enemy Infantry.

• Germany gets Soccer: Attacking Midfielder Infantry get +1 attack if they were involved in a defensive battle during the last game phase.

• France gets Cycling: Cyclist Inf may retreat to an adjacent French region after any full round of defensive combat (heh sorry France - a hit below the belt).

• UK gets Cricket: Batsmen Inf get +1 defense if the attacking force contains an air force unit (1 Infantry per each attacking air unit).

• Russia gets Gymnastics: Gymnast Inf get +1 movement if Russia successfully won a combat movement involving ground forces this turn.

• Italy gets Rowing: Watermen Inf may participate in a defensive Naval battle when aboard a transport (but are reduced to 1 defense).

• China gets Ping Pong: After winning a combat movement, Rally Inf can be moved back to the area they came from if desired.

• ANZAC gets Rugby: Forward Inf get +1 attack and defense when grouped as exactly 8 infantry (Scrum time!).

absolutely love them, the Italians would have to be my favourite

• @finnman:

absolutely love them, the Italians would have to be my favourite

I like the french one the best.

• On a more serious note, Canada is out–I repeat, out–as the most likely candidate for the second UK economy. That honour goes to India.

Canada can only be played as a separate power via house rules, as per LH. Read all about it:

http://www.harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2266

• @Dylan:

Yes what all of you have said, but in Pacific BC and Yukon Territory have the Canadian symbol not a British one. I am pretty sure Larry Harris said every Canadian province will be on the bored. If you play the full version with both games, it would look really stupid with a British logo for everything else. Also to make things more confusing, what about Newfoundland, it was just another place in the British Empire not part of Canada yet. And about India and South Africa, they were still fully part of the British Empire.

Then they will all have a British symbol.

• Whether they are Canadian or British symbols, they will all belong to the UK.

• @cminke:

so

So…… The Canadian roundels are there purely for the recognition of Canada’s contribution to the Allied effort.

• Stop Echoing BD. I hate it.

Its only there because Canada has less action that South America, and their rondel is cool, and because they had the largest production of Maple Surip in the world.

• I haven’t kept a graph of the Canadian votes. But is it just me, or is Canada starting to increase noticeably? And I can’t seem to be able to revote (not that I would want to). Are people able to revote?

• @The:

I haven’t kept a graph of the Canadian votes. But is it just me, or is Canada starting to increase noticeably? And I can’t seem to be able to revote (not that I would want to). Are people able to revote?

I can’t figure out how to re-vote so I am gonna guess that you can’t.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m