• Yes they can, but you will either get an AA roll at it - which gives you about a 40% chance of shooting down the bomber altogether - or it will have to land in Syria which Germany can hit heavily on G2.

You can just fly around the AA gun… though I doubt many players use Active AA-guns. Besides can’t that bomber land in the Caucacus?

If UK doesn’t purchase an AC but instead sends the BB to reinforce their fleet, will you attack it with your ftrs then?

• @TG:

Where?

if you buy a 2 transports and a tank in italy then you cam transport 2 infantry and 2 tanks to africa.

• Whoa, buying two transports! Now you’re just asking for trouble. Trust me, the Russians will be upon you before you even get a chance to use them. :)

• @TG:

You can just fly around the AA gun… though I doubt many players use Active AA-guns. Besides can’t that bomber land in the Caucacus?

If UK doesn’t purchase an AC but instead sends the BB to reinforce their fleet, will you attack it with your ftrs then?

I think over half of online players do play with AAA, and yes, the bomber can also land in the Caucacus - but that could also be a little risky for the UK.

You are right, you can pretty much write of the transport - you will almost definitely lose it to either the UK bomber or the Gibraltar BB. But it’s main function is to protect the German BB and Transport in the Eastern Med from the Gibraltar BB. If it survives that’s just a bonus.

I would probably still leave the BB alone if it made it back to the North Sea - the fighters are more important to Germany in the early stages of the game than in the later stages, so I would still wait and hit with Japan later on…

@TG:

Whoa, buying two transports! Now you’re just asking for trouble. Trust me, the Russians will be upon you before you even get a chance to use them.

I agree 100% - bad idea!

• I think over half of online players do play with AAA, and yes, the bomber can also land in the Caucacus - but that could also be a little risky for the UK.

Yea, I for one like to play AAA (esp when I’m Axis), though I know other players will not (-> looks at TM :roll:)

I would probably still leave the BB alone if it made it back to the North Sea - the fighters are more important to Germany in the early stages of the game than in the later stages, so I would still wait and hit with Japan later on…

German ftrs. are ALWAYS the single greatest deterant. :)

• Sorry I didn’t reply sooner, internet connection is so slow I only have time for 6-7 posts a day.

I like your plan, with one fatal execption. That Lone UK BB, its a 2hb remember? Don’t want him on the loose. It could take out that transport with ease. And, if you decide to attack it, and the BB hits, your going to either a) Lose a fighter (if you send one) or b) lose that second Transport.

Personally, I leave Egypt for G2, and mop up the British Navy to the last ship (except India) first turn.

And your right, allowing that Sub to live is a huge mistake.

• @TG:

Whoa, buying two transports! Now you’re just asking for trouble. Trust me, the Russians will be upon you before you even get a chance to use them. :)

well if your willing to risk it use my strat and do a full out invasion of russia with all your air force

• Lose your airforce, lose the game. The flak is heavy over the skies of Karelia. :-?

• I’ve never tried my strat but I might experament

• Full out invasion of Russia doesn’t work. Japan needs awhile to weaken Russia first

• I agree with SUD on one point here, a US IC in Finland can be very scary indeed. Will make Japan’s job that much harder.

I prefer to just transport 4 inf a turn into Africa (buy 1 Trn T1) for as long as possible. Trick is to try and get the Allied airforce out of position so you can keep those transports there. Remember, Bombers can hit Central Med. from Karelia, and still fly back there in relative safety.

• I was kind of hard reading SUD’s post… :(

• I’d like to hear the man talk, he’d make my head spin. And damn, I hope I don’t have to end up playing him.

• Yeah… I don’t mind long post. But I would like them to be a bit more organized if that isn’t asking for too much. :)

• Wad e zay?

• Maybe SUD would like to explain it against to patient listeners? :)

• maybe bid 2 trannys of italy and then buy a tranny and a sub to protect?

• bid 2 trannys of italy

Sorry… could you run that through to me again? :)

• nothing, I screwed up :oops:

• Here is my germ moves with 6-9 bids rr bid in Libya

purchases : bomber+5 infs or 10 infs

Egypt with 5(6) infs+ tanks (i hope to have at least 5units)

Spain sub vs eUsa tranny

fighter vs Lab tranny

sub+tranny +4fig+bomber VS north sea

–------------------------------------------------------------------------
    main differences are …

I didnt buy a blocker. But since ive bought a bomber and killed (i hope) the USA tranny he will need to send the BB to north sea if he want to have a carrier on uk1.

I have a good shot at killing the us tranny (preventing Algeria on US 1 wich im sure is a bad move anyway)

For Labrador I could send the bomb instead of the figther but i think its sligthly superior the other way around.

I think that sometimes the 2nd germ tranny is useless but that my extra bomb can be trade for Russian IPC by strat bomb them.

Benoit Lessard

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m