how do i get a saved game to attach for pbem?

• @plasmaboy OK, so you decided for Play by Forum. What I see now is that you have correctly set up the game to post in your old thread
    https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/topic/33146/plasmaboy-vs-aldoraine-bm3/45
    It posted completely as you can see when scrolling the turn post window down.

So you did the entire turn and posted it completely to that old game thread.

Now again - where is the thread of your current game? Whom are you addressing? Who is going to download your savegame that you have posted? Whose turn is it next - who continues the game?

Or, as you now said …

@plasmaboy said in how do i get a saved game to attach for pbem?:

I got the game from my saved game file on/in triple a. open it picked play email/forum game

… don’t you actually have a thread for your new game? In that case go to the Play Boardgames category and create a new topic. You will get your new topic ID then. Add that new ID to the PBF-settings. Do your turn and post to that new topic. You just need to point your co-players to that new topic, then.

• well i went to the board game section and created a new topic. added that to my forums id thread . opened save games and was able to launch the game. Success, sort of except that it is now showing as his russian turn, so i think after we play again if i save it during the Japanese turn i should be able to use the Forums to move forward with our game . thank you for your help. So now any time I want to play in forums i need to start a new topic correct?

• @plasmaboy Sounds good. Usually, when playing against different opponents, you would definitely create a new game thread for every game. When playing consecutive games against the same opponent, sometimes players agree to use the same game thread.
    Creating a new thread for every game is surely the “cleanest” solution.

Now enjoy gaming :slightly_smiling_face:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m