What type of music do you guys listen to while playing a&a?

• Ok, this is going to sound really random but here is the playlist:
    The Great Escape Theme
    Music of Charlie Chaplin films
    Katyusha
    Beethoven’s Fifth Symphony
    Battlefield 1942 themes
    Legend of Zelda music
    Stars and Stripes Forever
    Hogan’s Heroes theme
    The Most Requested Songs of World War II album
    Kiss the Boys Goodbye album
    Vince Guardaldi’s jazz for Peanuts
    Hungarian Rhapsody No.2

Then there is the second playlist…

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

• @FastHeinz:

Lord of the Rings soundtrack as well as some others like Gladiator, Enemy at the Gates.

Nice

• I usually listen to Sirius satellite radio station Lithium.

• I used to find music from each nation during that era, mostly pro government music and play it during each nations turn. It got annoying for my friends after awhile. I think they got tried of hearing SS and Wehrmacht music mostly because my buddy takes his turns slowly.

• '20 '19 '18

We alternate between music of the era and classical. You know it’s time to change to the classics when the Glenn Miller Orchestra’s “Juke Box Saturday Night” is stuck in your head and instead of contemplating strategy for the next turn, you find yourself wondering what, exactly, is a “soda pop rickey” and how can you get one right now?

Also, if you’re not singing along with “Praise the Lord (and Pass the Ammunition)” or “The G.I. Jive,” you’re doing it wrong.  :wink:

The Patton soundtrack is also great…if you can find it.

I’ll close with a Pro Tip: For those days when you’re hosting the game and are ready to wrap it up and send everyone packing, I recommend an hour-long bagpipe CD - works like a charm.

• None. However, we played some Soviet song and then Wagner or something last time I played a full 5 player game when the Axis marched on Moscow.

• Played this at my last 1914 game session.  Everyone liked it except the UK player, but I think he was just playing his role seriously.

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=aJ0HPXkkN1I

• '21 '18 '16

When Germany attacks USSR - heavy metal of any type - usually And Justice for All , or Master of Puppets; Metallica
    When USA attacks anyone - Van Halen preferable from self titled album or 1984
    When England attacks anyone - Led Zeppelin - No Quarter is a good one
    When Japan attacks - shuffle is pressed on the Iphone
    When USSR makes the big assault on Germany - Carmina Burana
    When China attacks anyone - shuffle
    When Anzac attacks anyone - shuffle
    When Italy attacks anyone - shuffle

• '19 '17 '16

From a cursory glance it doesn’t look like anyone’s mentioned “Sink the Bismark” by Johnny Horton!  Man, we should all be ashamed….  :lol:

• @Imperious:

Theme song for The Three Stooges and Gomer Pyle.

I love this!  :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m