Ship Placement at Naval Bases

• Great idea, anyone play tested it?

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

@knp7765:

I don’t understand this. Sea Zone 10 is already serviced by the naval base in Western US. Why build another in Mexico?

It sometimes can allow you to get from Gibraltar to Hawaii or vice versa a turn quicker.

• USA NB in SE Mexico on turn one, along with staging your fleet there, really puts some strain on the axis round 2, as the USA could go either way.
    Also gives a lot of flexibility early game to the Allies strategy

It’s a win win for the allies, other than the 15 IPC cost that is

• Customizer

Okay, I’m just curious. I understand the naval base in SE Mexico now. I am just wondering why SE Mexico and not Central America?

• @knp7765:

Okay, I’m just curious. I understand the naval base in SE Mexico now. I am just wondering why SE Mexico and not Central America?

SE Mexico is adjacent to the mainland and an IC, making it easier to defend and quicker to mobilize units into the seazone if the situation called for that.

• @BulwFi:

Great idea, anyone play tested it?

Yes. I always build a NB in SE Mexico, Turn 1 w/the US if I’m going for KGF. You’d be surprised how many naval units and fully loaded Trans you can have within Hawaii or Gibraltar/Morroco(SZ64) on Turn 1 w/the US. If you decide to go KJF, then you can swing your navy to Hawaii in one turn. Most Axis players these days attack the Allies on Turn 2, this puts the US into position to unload a ton of troops(6 fully loaded Trans) into Morocco on Turn 2. If you build 3 Trans on Turn 1. Then, w/the NB in Gibraltar, you can attack Norway or N. Italy/S. Italy on

• '17 '16 Customizer

@Juggernaut8u:

First off, I am yet to play a game where a naval base is purchased. It is overpriced and can’t compete with the airbase’s scrambling ability.

I would venture you have not played many games with different folks then. I personally like purchasing a NB for Japan on J1 and placing it on Kwangtung. That puts Japan on India in 2 moves or Australia too if the need arises to switch directions as things develop. I’ve bought them before for other countries as well.

• Customizer

@Maddog77:

@Juggernaut8u:

First off, I am yet to play a game where a naval base is purchased. It is overpriced and can’t compete with the airbase’s scrambling ability.

I would venture you have not played many games with different folks then. I personally like purchasing a NB for Japan on J1 and placing it on Kwangtung. That puts Japan on India in 2 moves or Australia too if the need arises to switch directions as things develop. I’ve bought them before for other countries as well.

I think you mean Kwangsi. Kwangtung already starts with a naval base for the British. Personally, I prefer to put the naval base on Hainan, but it has the same effect either way.

• '17 '16 Customizer

@knp7765:

I think you mean Kwangsi. Kwangtung already starts with a naval base for the British. Personally, I prefer to put the naval base on Hainan, but it has the same effect either way.

Yup. Kwangsi is indeed the territory I meant. I’ll have to look at Hainan when I get home too.

• Hainan cant be captured by the chinese, and serves the same sz.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m