• '12

I can’t wait until Toronto Maple Laughs are in the playoffs…… Long long long time and from tonights performance…ugh, when is NFL?

• Sponsor

Habs still 1st in the East! Not gonna say I told you so…. (yet).

• All good things must come to an end. Av’s played the Hawks tough the first game the other day had feeling they would get them tonight.

• The main stars for the Hawks should get some reduced playing time (if I were the coach)

Give them a bit of a rest, bring up some youth, let them get some experience as there is nothing more to play for on a night-to-night basis since the streak ended.  The Hawks would have to play very poorly to not make the playoffs.  We have plenty of depth, time to use some of it.

Their play have been stellar.  Very fun to watch.  Now start thinking the best way to pace yourself, and get all ready for the second season:  The Playoffs.

• Sponsor

Just got an early birthday present from my wife last night….

CANADIENS
          VS.
        LEAFS

2 great seats @ the ACC for the last game of the season.

SSSSOOOOO HHHHAAAAPPPPYYYY!

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Young:

Just got an early birthday present from my wife last night….

CANADIENS
           VS.
        LEAFS

2 great seats @ the ACC for the last game of the season.

SSSSOOOOO HHHHAAAAPPPPYYYY!

What a wonderful woman!

• Ha  3 goals first 10 minutes. Now will see how long it takes to win again. No chickens yet.

• '12

Young Grasshopper, may the leafs give you a bad taste in your mouth after the game……No, not because they stunk it up, the taste of defeat!  Not that you as a habs fan have tasted enough of it yet!

• Sponsor

@MrMalachiCrunch:

Young Grasshopper, may the leafs give you a bad taste in your mouth after the game……No, not because they stunk it up, the taste of defeat!  Not that you as a habs fan have tasted enough of it yet!

I’m sure our playoff spot will be locked up by then…. but hopefully we can play spoiler and hand the leafs a loss that will put the in 9th.

mmmmmmmwwwwwwwaaaaaahhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaa

• Here come the pengeys.

• ya let’s go pens!!!

Good season for the Habs but far away of the cup…
    Toronto…what a joking team!!!

• '12

Harold Ballard created the playbook for the modern leafs, it goes like this:

Leaf nation will ensure the AC is sold out every game no matter what therefore…

Replace plausible winning team with a team of broken legged monkeys and maintain cash cow that is the leagues most valuable team, oh I meant the leafs.  They could finish the regular season 0-82 and still sell out the next year.

Maybe with the new agreement we will see another team in the GTA to force the leafs into being a competitive team.  Until then I can only hope one day a Canadian team might win it just to prove its not a conspiracy!

• So how do people feel about the Calgary Flames on a 13 losing streak.

I think that some teams need to smarten up.

• Sponsor

@italiansarecoming:

So how do people feel about the Calgary Flames on a 13 losing streak.

I think that some teams need to smarten up.

Some teams just suck, but that doesn’t mean they always have to suck (with the exception of Toronto). I think it’s hilarious that Camallari thought he was getting out of a bad deal when he was traded to Calgary from Montreal, now he’s a lone cowboy with nobody around to take all the attention away from his flaws. Don’t see much short term help for Calgary in the coming years, it’s gonna be tough for their fans but they just need to draft well and be patient.

• Sponsor

@LHoffman:

@Young:

@LHoffman:

YG’s For Real:
    1. �Boston
    2. �San Jose
    3. �New York Rangers NY Islanders or Montreal
    4. �Chicago

YG’s DOOMED:
    1. �Columbus
    2. �Florida Washington (No defense)
    3. �Calgary
    4. �Toronto Philadelphia (No goaltending)

The rest… bloodbath.

Okay… I was over 50% right, however, I have to contest all your corrections.

The Rangers are not the super-team they are on paper… but they are way better than both Montreal and the Islanders. Montreal has the potential to be second best in their division, but only because all of the teams in it (not from Boston) are mediocre at best and get to fight to see who is the best at being mediocre. The Islanders on the other hand are the worst team in perhaps the toughest division. Talk about no defense (for Washington), the Islanders have even less. They have some firepower up front, but none of their defense/goaltending acquisitions even want to report to the team.

As for DOOMED… Washington sucks, but not as much as Florida. The Southeast is mostly abysmal but right now it seems like everyone in it is (or likely will be) better than the Panthers. Last year was an anomaly. Florida has no goaltending, weak up front and thin on defense. IF Ovechkin, Backstrom and Green wake up, the Capitals can be as good as they used to be.

Personally, I don’t think Philadelphia being more doomed than Toronto even makes sense. No, Philadelphia is not playing up to their potential at the moment, but they are loaded with scoring talent, not really hot on defense and their goaltending leaves some to be desired. While in Toronto, we have a team with little success over the past… God only knows how many years, poor offense (worse outlook with Lupul out), okay defense and scattered showers of decent goaltending.

Just not seeing your reasoning here YG. Though perhaps Montreal being in the “for real” is due to your zealousness as a fan, which, while excusable is not at all rational.

Other than my Florida pick over Washington, and maybe Columbus, I think I made a lot more sense in my predictions than you did LHoffman…. wouldn’t you agree? Here’s some more of what I said when the season was young… look at my prediction about the Islanders

Let me clarify….

Teams that I think will make the playoffs without any problems…

1. Chicago
    All the tools needed to dominate, Leadership (Toews) Skill (Kane, Hossa, Sharp), Defense (Kieth, Seabrook)… and Goaltending has answered the critics.

2. San Jose
    They will again make the playoffs without any problems, their past playoff failures are not what I measure as a present indication. If anything, their chances of succeeding are greater because of their awareness of failure, This spot could easily be shared by Vancouver.

3. New York Islanders
    The maturity of one of the best (Traveres) and the most underrated forward in the league (Molson), and the most under appreciated defenseman (Striet) with a very proven goalie (Nabokov). This team will easily make the playoffs.

4. Montreal
    New Coach, New Philosophy, New management, All star Defenseman (Markov), All star goalie (Price), best mix of youth (Paciretty, Suban, Galager, Galchenyek) and veterans (Cole, Gionta, Georges) in the conference, best goals against vs. goals for ratio, and a top power play. Lethal combination of grit, skill and confidence. With the way they support the puck, and force quick transitions, they will make the playoffs (IMO).

5.  7 way tie…
        Toronto (well coached, despite their defense)
        Pittsburgh (Top end skill despite the lost confidence of Flury)
        Vancouver (Great goaltending despite the trade rummers)
        New York Rangers (the best line in the NHL despite everything else)
        Boston (Could very easily be 4th on this list despite the inexperience in net)
        Ottawa (great Chemistry, and superb goaltending despite losing their best player)
        Minnesota (Everything is there despite the coaching, and Goaltending)

Teams that will miss the playoffs for sure:

Philadelphia
    Washington
    Columbus
    Calgary

Please don’t be offended by my list… it’s all in good fun (and Hell Ya! I’m bias, aren’t we all?).

@Young:

Other than my Florida pick over Washington, and maybe Columbus, I think I made a lot more sense in my predictions than you did LHoffman…. wouldn’t you agree? Here’s some more of what I said when the season was young… look at my prediction about the Islanders

Please don’t be offended by my list…. it’s all in good fun (and Hell Ya! I’m bias, aren’t we all?).

Hey, no man… you were right and I was wrong. You are a Canadian after all; theoretically you should know your hockey much better than me.

Very prescient predictions here… Obviously, I can’t say that I ever would have predicted Philadelphia to be as abysmal as they have been, especially considering their previous success. But really, nothing I can fault you on.

Bet you are salivating over a Toronto-Montreal matchup! I have only a vague esoteric conception of just how important that series is for both teams and Canada in general.

Was at the Wings game last night… wow that was fun. If they keep playing the way they have been, they could give Chicago a run for their money.

• I think that Either Pittsburg or Boston will win the cup for the east while Anehiem or the Kings will win. Hawks are one of my more favourite teams however I think that they will be slipping up in the playoffs.

Now Toronto is a team that I think might win there first match up in the play offs but not all the way to the cup. Just toooo much inexperience and the team is still developing. Next year different story they can go for the cup unless they do some ‘great’ trades.

(I am not a Toronto fan)

• Sponsor

Being a Habs fan living in Toronto, a first round matchup would be torture. Leaf fans are delusional in a way that if they win, you will be reminded about it for a decade, and if they lose it won’t be because you beat them… it will be the fault of the refs, the bad ice, or all the goal posts they hit. You really can’t win if your team is playing the Leafs when you’re surrounded by a city full of leaf fans… it’s like Led Zeppelin babysitting Justin Beiber, Justin’s the bomb and it doesn’t matter who the hell you are. That’s frustrating.

@Young:

Being a Habs fan living in Toronto, a first round matchup would be torture. Leaf fans are delusional in a way that if they win, you will be reminded about it for a decade, and if they lose it won’t be because you beat them… it will be the fault of the refs, the bad ice, or all the goal posts they hit. You really can’t win if your team is playing the Leafs when you’re surrounded by a city full of leaf fans… it’s like Led Zeppelin babysitting Justin Beiber, Justin’s the bomb and it doesn’t matter who the hell you are. That’s frustrating.

Hahaha… nice. Point taken. Either way, it is the best time of year.

• Sponsor

Went to the game at the ACC tonight, great outcome for me, but not so much for my wife who is a leaf fan. Habs Jerseys vs. Leaf sweaters were 50/50, awesome atmosphere, Great night.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m