• Hey-
    I love A&A the original one, ive played it at my friends house quite a few times and its really great…
    But the only problem is that the units get REALLY crowded (even when using the chips) and you eventually just have to stack them up in one big pile, its really horrible when they are all in a tiny little country also heh…
    So … im planning on buying at least one A&A game, and I dont know which one to buy…A&A or A&AE or
    the pacific one…probably will be A&A or A&AE…
    Is A&AE very good? is it as crowded as regular A&A?

• It can be crowded… It really depends on your game… And I think I like the original best out of the 3.

• the original is the best, from what ive heard europe probably the worst. Europe gets crowded too in certain territories, it uses huge bomber units which will not even fit in tiny countries without any other units.

The problem might be that you are playing too defensive. I had the same problem when i just started playing, i ended up with huge forces in Eastern Europe and Karelia. Try to attack a bit more and see if that helps any.

• Its not so much the crowded factor as the strategy. From my experience (and i’ve played them all many a time) pacific and europe are both one sided. Japan gets crushed in pacific and germany rolls on russia to victory in europe. Buy the original, its the only one with some level of balance involved.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m