Weapons Development with D10

• After many years of playing and watching how easy it can become to get weapons development, and how easy they can change the game i decided to make it a little harder but also wanted to add some historical accurate weapons development and an old favourite.
    So here is what I use now:
    Get a D10 (10 sided dice) and the first 6 original Weapons development stay the same, along with the cost and researching the technology.
    Add these 4 weapons development:- Industrial Production, Paratroopers, Heavy tanks, Fighter patrols.
    Now the chart looks like this:

1. Jet Power - all your fighters defend on 5 or less
    2. Rockets - Your AA guns fire a rocket at IC’s
    3. Super Submarines - your subs now attack and defend on 3 or less
    4. Long range aircraft- Your fighters fly 6 spaces, Bombers fly 8 spaces
    5. Combined bombardment - Your Destroyers can now do a 1 shot support in amphibious assaults
    6. Heavy Bombers - Your Bombers now roll 2 dice to attack.
    7. Industrial Production - Women have now entered the workforce and your production costs are reduced by 1IPC
    8. Fighter Patrols - You can now designate fighters to patrol the skies and detect any strategic bombing raids. Then your fighters will defend your IC rolling a 4 or less vs the attacking Bombers rolling a 4 or less for 1 round only. Any surviving fighter land and surviving Bombers can continue onto their original target.
    9. Tank Armor - Your tanks are now equipped with sloping 45 degree armor effectively increasing their protection without sacrificing mobility. Tanks now take 2 hits to destroy and can repair damage similar to Battleships.
    10. Paratroopers - You are now able to train specialized paratroopers units. Your Bombers can carry 1 INF and drop them over friendly or enemy territory. The INF unit then ends it movement. If the territory is enemy a battle ensues. If the territory is enemy owned but unoccupied then follow regular rules for infantry capture.

Lemme know of any ideas you guys have

• I used to do a 2d6 tech tree in classic in order to reduce the chance of heavy bomber (boxcars). I also had increased potency for techs if you rolled them again. Ah, the memories of yesteryear…

• I thought super subs only increased the attack power.
    The tank armor is waaaaaay overpowered.  So if you had 10 tanks, it would take 11 hits to kill 1?  That’s crazy, man, you need to modify that.
    Battleships (sounds like you’re talking AAR) cost 24.  Tanks cost 5.
    That one’s a bigger game-breaker than 3 dice heavy bombers!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m