Global 2nd edition Q+A ( AAG40.2)

• Right.  Only the units of the power taking the turn can be considered/used.

Note that if your units are on an allied transport and there are enemy surface ships or scrambled aircraft present, and you have none of your own naval or air units to bring to the zone in combat movement, you can not unload.

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

ag, what I expected.

• Is the Yukon territory inaccessible? Meaning, you can’t put units there? I’m trying to move an American AA gun from Alberta to Yukon in TripleA and it’s not letting me. Does that also mean that a Japanese tank can’t blitz from Alaska to Alberta? Thanks!

• '12

yukon territory is impassable, or merged with british columbia, however you prefer to see it.

• @Commando:

Is the Yukon territory inaccessible? Meaning, you can’t put units there? I’m trying to move an American AA gun from Alberta to Yukon in TripleA and it’s not letting me. Does that also mean that a Japanese tank can’t blitz from Alaska to Alberta? Thanks!

Yukon territory does not even exist in 2nd edition.
    He just grayed it out in Triple A rather than redraw the map.

• Thanks Boldfresh and Gamerman!

• '17

Can the Soviets collect the SZ125/Archangel NO if they are at war with Italy, still neutral with Germany, but a German submarine is in SZ125?

• @wheatbeer:

Can the Soviets collect the SZ125/Archangel NO if they are at war with Italy, still neutral with Germany, but a German submarine is in SZ125?

That’s a good question.

First of all, the Soviets do not need to be at war with Germany to collect the NO, because the rule book says “when the Soviet Union is at war in Europe”

The NO rule says there must be no Axis warships in Z125, which would indicate the answer is the Soviets do not collect the NO.

However, normally you can ignore units of powers with which you are not at war.

So I don’t know.  I do know that if there was no German sub, the Soviets would still collect, because only being at war with Italy is enough.

You’ll need Kreighund or someone who knows what Krieghund has said in the past.

• Official Q&A

@Gamerman01:

@wheatbeer:

That’s a good question.

First of all, the Soviets do not need to be at war with Germany to collect the NO, because the rule book says “when the Soviet Union is at war in Europe”

The NO rule says there must be no Axis warships in Z125, which would indicate the answer is the Soviets do not collect the NO.

However, normally you can ignore units of powers with which you are not at war.

So I don’t know.  I do know that if there was no German sub, the Soviets would still collect, because only being at war with Italy is enough.

You’ll need Kreighund or someone who knows what Krieghund has said in the past.

No.  Even though Germany and the USSR are not themselves at war, Germany can still interdict Allied aid to the Soviets.

• '20 '16 '15 '14

Is Eire supposed to be connected to the UK through Scotland via land?  I guess when looking at the map I would have never guessed it, but in my latest League game my opponent non-commed a mech infantry from UK to Eire through Scotland with no boats involved.

Just curious.  Thanks!

• '12

@DizzKneeLand33:

Is Eire supposed to be connected to the UK through Scotland via land?  I guess when looking at the map I would have never guessed it, but in my latest League game my opponent non-commed a mech infantry from UK to Eire through Scotland with no boats involved.

Just curious.  Thanks!

absolutely, you can walk from scotland to eire.

• And yes, I was very surprised to learn the same thing awhile back

• '12

if japan declares war on the usa on J2 and there is an american destroyer off queensland and anzac ftrs on the AB, are they able to scramble?

ie, can japan declare war only on USA and not UK/anzac therefore not allowing the anzac ftrs to scramble?

• @Boldfresh:

if japan declares war on the usa on J2 and there is an american destroyer off queensland and anzac ftrs on the AB, are they able to scramble?

ie, can japan declare war only on USA and not UK/anzac therefore not allowing the anzac ftrs to scramble?

Yes.  If Japan declares war on the USA and not UK/ANZAC, then the ANZ fighters could not scramble.

• TripleA

Airbase and naval bases only hold up to 6 damage?

• That is right Cow.

• TripleA

usa has a carrier, a fighter, and a loaded transport in sz112 which contested as germany built a destroyer and sub into sz112 on it’s turn.

usa conducts combat in sz112 and amphibiously assualts western germany.
    usa fighter hits which must be taken on the destroyer.
    germany destroyer and sub miss.
    now it is a usa carrier and fighter vs a sub.

what happens at this point?
    can usa ignore the sub and amphibiously assault west germany?
    can usa retreat to another seazone as they started in sz112?
    is the usa forced to keep attacking until the sub sinks the carrier?

• '12

if you can’t kill the sub, i don’t think you can land the men to assault.  you can only ignore the sub if it is the only thing in the zone.  once the sub is fighting, it has to be killed to land troops.

• @allweneedislove:

usa has a carrier, a fighter, and a loaded transport in sz112 which contested as germany built a destroyer and sub into sz112 on it’s turn.

usa conducts combat in sz112 and amphibiously assualts western germany.
    usa fighter hits which must be taken on the destroyer.
    germany destroyer and sub miss.
    now it is a usa carrier and fighter vs a sub.

what happens at this point?

This is an unwinnable battle for the USA.  If the player knew the rules, he wouldn’t attack.

can usa ignore the sub and amphibiously assault west germany?

NO.  Subs can only be ignored in the movement phases when there are no surface warships present.

can usa retreat to another seazone as they started in sz112?

NO.  I’ve asked Krieghund this before.  If the USA wants to retreat, he must establish a retreat route, by moving out of the zone and back in during the combat move.  If this is a friendly game, the Axis player would be kind to let the screwed USA player retreat even though he didn’t establish the route, because he didn’t understand the rules.

is the usa forced to keep attacking until the sub sinks the carrier?

YES, technically, because there is no retreating when no retreat route has been established.

Again, the USA player (is it YOU??!) is SCREWED and at the Axis player’s mercy to give him a break.
    BIG MISTAKE USA made here

• TripleA

thank you for the quick answer gamerman.
    this is a hypothetical situation to help me with the rules.
    the question came about as it is similar to a situation of a game i am playing now.
    i have never come across a no option to retreat scenario and could not find anything definitive in the rulebook and wanted clarification.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m