• Sponsor

@i:

what about a 13 year old?

are you asking for some advice about your strategies, or are you asking about the embarrassment level of losing to a 13 year old?

• Funny, he stiil has not answered back!  My feeling on the guns, is if some players still believe them to be too powerful at a 1, then change the guns to only have 1 shot @ every two ships, rounded up.  Ex, 3 ships - 2@1, 4 ships - 2@1, 5 ships - 3@1, 1 or two ships,only one shot?  Cost - 9.

• Customizer

@Young:

@i:

are you asking for some advice about your strategies, or are you asking about the embarrassment level of losing to a 13 year old?

Eh eh eh eh eh… I think I was 13 when I first played actually, but it was against opponents of roughly the same age.  Ode to a great boardgame if its provided that many years of service!

• Sponsor

@Chiefredcoles38:

Funny, he stiil has not answered back!  My feeling on the guns, is if some players still believe them to be too powerful at a 1, then change the guns to only have 1 shot @ every two ships, rounded up.  Ex, 3 ships - 2@1, 4 ships - 2@1, 5 ships - 3@1, 1 or two ships,only one shot?  Cost - 9.

I don’t know how they can be too powerful when battleships can be tipped and still bombard.

• Idk?, I like the idea of B ships, not being able to bombard, due to listing, but still having smaller guns for aircraft/other ships.  Allow multiple coastal guns, unlike AA?

• Sponsor

@Chiefredcoles38:

Idk?, I like the idea of B ships, not being able to bombard, due to listing, but still having smaller guns for aircraft/other ships.  Allow multiple coastal guns, unlike AA?

I don’t like it either and I used that word “listing” when I asked Krieghund about it, his explanation was that battleships have extra armor in the hull, so even if they are hit, they don’t take on water. They stay afloat and level without any performance penalties until a second hit penetrates the hull, than it’s game over.

• We could always adopt it as a house rule?  Have u seen any footage where a battleship is listing?  I have!  Many needed to be towed back for repairs, as well as ac, during the war.  The way I remember it, us only had 1 battleship & 1 ac in service when japan surrendered!

• Sponsor

@Chiefredcoles38:

We could always adopt it as a house rule?  Have u seen any footage where a battleship is listing?  I have!  Many needed to be towed back for repairs, as well as ac, during the war.  The way I remember it, us only had 1 battleship & 1 ac in service when japan surrendered!

If I were the almighty Larry Harris, my rule for battleships left damaged would be, no bombardments allowed, and all damaged capital ships move only 1 sea zone per turn.

• _and all damaged capital ships move only 1 sea zone per turn. _
    I like that one but my gameboard is 4 x 8. Hard time for battleship to return home!! :-o

• all they have to do is get to a freindly naval base

• all they have to do is get to a freindly naval base
    Right but there’s 4 sea zone from japan to pearl harbor.
    So if one my battlship is damaged, 1 sea zone per turn is not realy fast when the IJN is just behind!

• i can get there in three turns  :-D

• _i can get there in three turns _
    But watch your radar…my figthers and bombers are just on the way to sink your battleship!!! :evil:

• true thats happened before i send about 20 USA fighter to japan to get rid of the fighters and bombers ready to sink my fleet :evil:

• Sponsor

Maybe the 1 space per turn for damaged capital ships, is a little harsh.

• Ya Think???

• _true thats happened before i send about 20 USA fighter to japan to get rid of the fighters and bombers ready to sink my fleet _
    LOL…Ya but unfortunately the commander of your group of interception (lieutenant Jack Lost) has no sense of direction and he is going to crash on Fuji mountain! :lol:

• i land in china

• i land in china
    China is already under my control…thank to share your technology.

• @Young:

@i:

yes i meant the emperisment level of losing to a 13 year old. sorrry for late replay been busy (sp?)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m